Reg warranty?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Phenol

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I was wondering if Mares could clarify something about regulator warranty requirements:

When I bought my regulator, a V16 Proton Metal with Axis octo, a year ago, my dive shop was very clear that the maintenance record booklets that came with them were to be kept up to date, and that for the first two years they (the dive shop) had to send the service coupon to Mares.

Now, I had the regulator serviced as per the warranty requirements, and all I got from the dive shop is a receipt listing the Mares service kits that were used -- no mention of my regs, or of their serial numbers anywhere. They also said that they did not need to fill out my maintenance booklets or send the coupons, because Mares had already sent them the service kits.

Now, is this normal procedure? I understand that Mares may have different supply agreements with different service centres, but my receipt only says that the dive shop used Mares kits. How do I (or Mares) know for sure that my regulator has received Mares parts, and is covered by the warranty? Does this information stay with the dive shop until needed? And what if I am abroad, and need to prove that my reg is still under the warranty?

Any information you have would be greatly appreciated.

When you have your regulator serviced by any dive store, it should be recorded in your maintenance booklet. This book is including in the packaging of a new regulator. The store was somewhat right; they did receive the parts for your reg and they need to record in house the service completed for future replacement of parts used. Having said that I would suggest you talk to them about upgrading into our new Lifetime Service Parts policy. As of Jan 2006 we launched our free (service parts) policy. If you are to maintain your free lifetime service parts policy, you must service the regulator annually. Your booklet is proof of service. Please note that our free parts policy is exclusive to the U.S. and Canada. It does not apply in other countries. The warranty for manufacturer defects does apply anywhere. Anyhow I would request your LDS to record the service completed in your book and look into our new policy. For $35 you can upgrade, but this must be completed by end of 2006.

Zak

Thanks Zak,

I'll get my LDS to fill out my service booklet, and ask them about the lifetime warranty.

Now, what would you suggest I do if they still insist they don't need to do this?

Again, thanks for the information.

Phenol you are welcome.

Should you have any difficulties, please pm me the name of the store and I'll request our Canadian sales manager to assist you and the store.

Sincerely,

Zak,

I am happy to say that the issue has been resolved: the technician at my LDS apologised for the confusion (he didn't know that the manager had given me incomplete paperwork). He completed my service booklet and gave me photocopies of the work order he'd filled out.

Thank you again for taking the time to consider my problem.

Phenol,
That is great! It ususally is miscommunication.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom