Reg w/ only 1 HP port .. Atom 2.0 w/ transmitter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SilverNU

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I have a Aqualung Titan LX Supreme regulator...

I also have an Atom 2.0 (currently without a transmitter)

My reg only has 1 HP port which my gauges are plugged into...

I understand the point of the Atom with a transmitter is to not have to use the other gauges etc etc.. but.. I would like to dive with my regular gauges for awhile for backup until I completely trust my Atom.

Problem being.. I dont think that is possible with my Reg... being that it only has 1 HP port..

am I wrong?? doesnt the Atoms transmitter require a HP port? and doesnt my gauges (depth, psi) also require an HP port?

I have a Aqualung Titan LX Supreme regulator...

I also have an Atom 2.0 (currently without a transmitter)

My reg only has 1 HP port which my gauges are plugged into...

I understand the point of the Atom with a transmitter is to not have to use the other gauges etc etc.. but.. I would like to dive with my regular gauges for awhile for backup until I completely trust my Atom.

Problem being.. I dont think that is possible with my Reg... being that it only has 1 HP port..

am I wrong?? doesnt the Atoms transmitter require a HP port? and doesnt my gauges (depth, psi) also require an HP port?

The Atom had been out for quite sometimes now. If it's not trustworthy, methinks that it wouldn't still be in production.

HOWEVER, to simplify your concern, all you need to do is order an HP-port splitter. It goes into the single HP port and comes out with a splitter so that you now have two HP ports.

Firstly, I would not use a transmitter as primary device. I use my transmitter as backup to SPG. fnfalman mentioned a port slippter, and it will work. Not sure how hose and transmiiter routing will look like on the Aqualung.

I added a HP splitter to a deco bottle and it works fine.

Omniswivel_HP-Y3.jpg

High Pressure Y Block: MB-X2

Don't fully trust transmitters, I use an SPG on my reg as a back-up...I have a Suunto.

I've heard of Oceanic transmitters loosing signal when diving very close to other Oceanic transmitter divers.

I would never trust my Suunto's as a primary but since I got my Galileo I have ditched the SPG. I always check my air and IF anything was to go wrong then I fall back on my buddy and end the dive.

I use an HP splitter on my AL Titan -- transmitter sends info to my Vytec -- the hose is attached to a Cobra. Had I not had the Cobra I'd use an SPG -- but since I had one, it gives me total redundancy which I like.

Back
Top Bottom