Reg disinfection

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Meng_Tze:
Are you kidding me? What can and has been seriously transmitted by using the same mouthpiece? When you rent gear, do you put on a new mouthpiece?

It think things can be drawn too far and too much in the cleanliness areas.... this being one of them. Have you thought about where you use this equipment in? Analyze the pool water and the sea water..... I bet you they are FAR dirtier than the mouthpiece...

If you are dipping divers like tea bags and using the company equipment, it makes the customer feel better if you swish the parts they stick in their mouth in some sort of cleaner looking solution. :D

I use the solution/tablets they make for steralizing baby bottles, just add it to water works wonders, no bleachy taste. Ususally found fairly cheaply at Drug/Department/Baby stores.

Meng_Tze:
Are you kidding me? What can and has been seriously transmitted by using the same mouthpiece? When you rent gear, do you put on a new mouthpiece?

It think things can be drawn too far and too much in the cleanliness areas.... this being one of them. Have you thought about where you use this equipment in? Analyze the pool water and the sea water..... I bet you they are FAR dirtier than the mouthpiece...

No argument from me - just answering the OP's question

Meng_Tze:

The shop I work with gives all the students a new mouthpiece and a re-usable zip-tie.

None of the rental regs come with one, so everybody always has their own for class.

Terry

Web Monkey:
The shop I work with gives all the students a new mouthpiece and a re-usable zip-tie.

None of the rental regs come with one, so everybody always has their own for class.

Terry
How do they handle buddy breathing/ gas sharing? :confused:

OK, let's put it into perspective.Would you share a condom with a buddy in a sex education class? No. But you would share a mouthpiece in a scuba class? Very strange.

Garrobo:
OK, let's put it into perspective.Would you share a condom with a buddy in a sex education class? No. But you would share a mouthpiece in a scuba class? Very strange.

Your sex ed class was way more thorough than mine.

Meng_Tze:
How do they handle buddy breathing/ gas sharing? :confused:

Same as always, however the thought of using someone else's mouthpiece for a minute during an emergency ascent somehow seems less disgusting than using it for an hour.

Terry

Back
Top Bottom