refinishing tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Durabak makes a nice two-part rhino liner type product. You will need to primer first or the liner wont stay long. Its spendy but its tuff stuff. I think its a bit too spendy for an argon bottle at around $100 a gallon.

Oh Theres Also Powder Coating Many Colors , You Know What, I Specialize In Re-finishing Steel And Aul . Anybody Wanting A Custom Finish On A Cylinder Contact Me . I've Done Many Many Street Rods , Some Surf Boards & Skate Boards And Even A Few Gutiars
Skys The Limit

yeah just a bit
im likin that 5 dollar paint stripper and a rattle can and that paint chip crap
but im open to more ideas

douglasville diver:
Oh Theres Also Powder Coating Many Colors , You Know What, I Specialize In Re-finishing Steel And Aul . Anybody Wanting A Custom Finish On A Cylinder Contact Me . I've Done Many Many Street Rods , Some Surf Boards & Skate Boards And Even A Few Gutiars
Skys The Limit
now thats a idea..
tell me more

How About Your Fovorite Tat Etched On Your Tank?, Colors ,flames,geos,spider Webs It's Endless .
I Can Do Whatever You Want So Whats On You Mind?

Friend

i dunno.. but it sounds
very intresting..
u have any pics of that kinda thing or your work to get my ideas goin?

douglasville diver:
Skys The Limit

Just a note about powder coating. You CAN NOT heat the tank up to cure the paint. Aluminum tanks go BOOM!!!! when filling if they have been heated above 325 degrees (or something close to that temp).

James

douglasville diver:
How About Your Fovorite Tat Etched On Your Tank?, Colors ,flames,geos,spider Webs It's Endless .
I Can Do Whatever You Want So Whats On You Mind?

Friend
Carefull, Im in Douglasville too, I might just take you up on the offer and have my bp treated!!

Dave

Uh, I´d skip the Rhino Liner stuff. As a certified tank inspector, I´d hate to have to have your coating stripped off to look at the underlying metal as a routine part of the visual cylinder inspection. Absolutely no chance I´d approve a cylinder without seeing that metal surface.

Back
Top Bottom