refinishing tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diesel298

Reaction score
anyone ever had any luck with this...
i have a little AL thats yellow....
thinkin it would look good not yellow... ( i hate painted tanks unless there grey or something neural)
ideas welcome

Ray

What about something cheap and easy like a rattle-can paint job? If it gets worn off, just touch it up again.

If you're looking for something unique and still neutral, what about gray with a blue stripe, or blue with a gray stripe, primer gray, black, or a muted shade of any of the brighter colors?

yeah i wanted something a little unique but not to crazy
idwally get all the yellow off and get it a brushed Al look
with a orange top , and a orange stripe on the bottom.. ...
(its gonna be for argon)
thanks...
i know theres info aout there.. im just looking for any new ideason the subject...

1. Empty contents, remove valve, plug hole

2. Strip old paint (use Aircraft Stripper from AutoZone, $5.95/can)

3. Mask with blue painter's tape

4. Repaint as desired w/ Krylon spray primer/paint

Howdy Ray!
The paint will crap up on you on the first dive. But if you want to paint it anyhoo...Do so, then go to the parts store, and get a can of chip guard. It's a clear topcoat thats tough as all get out. That will probably get you a little more mileage out of that paint job. You gonna get out on new years day?

ok thanks guys..

"tough as all get out" ???
i take it that means its rugged?? :)

as far as newyears..
whats up. where ya goin....

Why not have it painted with a rhino-liner type product that they use in truck beds? I know for a fact that stuff if tough as hell, and can be had in colors too. I imagaine its textured surface would hold spraypaint design reasonably well too.

thats a goodidea.
but its my argon tank. so slipages isnt a issue

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom