Reel Suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LM Reel and Halcyon spools over here. I really like the Halcyon spool because the way it's machined it's easy to grasp and let spin freely without your fingers slipping through the hole:

Attachments

• Defender_pro_1.jpg
    Defender_pro_1.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 29
LM Reel and Halcyon spools over here. I really like the Halcyon spool because the way it's machined it's easy to grasp and let spin freely without your fingers slipping through the hole:

it also holds more line than the traditional spool

So far no complaints about thr Halcyon...it does everything I want it to do. :)

Kent Tooling ratchet (or simple, depending on your preference) reels. They are a fantastic piece of engineering. Don't drop a tank on them, you will bend the tank rather than the reel :).

I have a ratchet reel used extensively in wreck penetration, and it is just perfect - at least for me, even with cold water gloves. I would not wish for something else.

Reels - Ratchet

I just started a tec class (TDI Advanced Nitrox/Deco Procedures) and am in need of a 400' reel. As my regular reel jammed up on me rec diving in Jupiter a few months ago, I am looking for a good quality one that's less likely to tangle. Looking for recommendations...

Thanks,
Steve

Are you in Bill's new class at CEA? I'm in his current class.

I have been using a Manta CR-2.

CR2 Reel - Manta Industries & Highseas Millwork Manta Industries & Highseas Millwork

"Manta" CR1 & CR2 Cave Reels

I like it because it was just over $100. It's only 250', but that has not been an issue.

I also like it because of the soft handle, instead of the hard handle like the LM and other reels.

If you are who I think you are and in Bill's new class, I guess you'll be at the pool on Sat and I'll be at the quarry. If you're going to the shop after the pool, I can swing by and let you have a look at the CR-2, if you want to see one in person.

Are you in Bill's new class at CEA? I'm in his current class.

I have been using a Manta CR-2.

CR2 Reel - Manta Industries & Highseas Millwork Manta Industries & Highseas Millwork

"Manta" CR1 & CR2 Cave Reels

I like it because it was just over $100. It's only 250', but that has not been an issue.

I also like it because of the soft handle, instead of the hard handle like the LM and other reels.

If you are who I think you are and in Bill's new class, I guess you'll be at the pool on Sat and I'll be at the quarry. If you're going to the shop after the pool, I can swing by and let you have a look at the CR-2, if you want to see one in person.

Yep...that's me.

I have no idea how long we'll be at the pool, but I'd love to check out that reel. I need to get to the shop and pay some bills (and pick up my tanks unless Bill can bring them to the pool). Thanks.

Steve

I'll swing by after the quarry. Have fun in the pool. That sounds a lot nicer than Millbrook!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom