Reel Placement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kevrumbo:
Small Emergency Spool yes, left thigh pocket; Working Spool right thigh pocket --but a Penetration Reel in a thigh pocket?:confused:

arg... Good point. Apparently my attention to detail wasn't very good on this post.

texdiveguy:
I place my pent. reel at my right hip D-ring....I do not practice DIR proper,,,,,would almost never recomm. a reel placement on a deco bottle as mentioned---or any
other gear on a bottle!
Yea, but as you mentioned, that's not DIR. Not bashing your way of diving, but since this is a DIR forum I'd like to know the DIR method as well.

Chris

Correct DIR Method: Brief your Team where you as the Lead Reel Man prefer to clip it off in transit to the Wreck/Cave, and how it will be utilized. Then point it out again on your Pre-Dive Head-to-Toe Equipment Check and finally how you plan to deploy it on your SADDDDD. . .

JimC:
See, I put my reel in the cave or wreck. Its not doing me much good on a d-ring. When swimming down the run or dropping onto a wreck I put it on my right d-ring.

What right D ring? Your right shoulder? Did you mean your left hip?
T

err. yeah, left hip.. lol

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom