Question Reef hooks- single vs double vs 2 singles?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
Bolivian47
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
So my wife and I just did a dive in Maldives where we could have used some reef hooks. In researching to purchase some, we see doubles and singles but no dual singles. Any reason? Why couldn't we make a dual single (for portability and hooking angle variability plus the benefit of dual hook fixation)? Also we were thinking of making some w straps instead of cord (the ones used for portable hammocks) that way we can adjust the length. Also what if we used titanium instead of SS? Has anyone used cobalt chrome in seawater?

Anyone have any input on these ideas?

Thx

EVR

A scuba bag? Or something off the shelf?

I found it on Amazon. The zipper opens it on 3 sides so it can lay flat. I cut off the label but I think it was made for camping or climbing.

Here is a photo of my neighbor's reef hook from Fish 'n Fins in Palau. There is mesh on one side and a Velcro flap closure.

1669909911415.jpeg

There is plenty of rubbish webbing out there,

Most local hardware stores in the US sell webbing by the foot, off a roll. It is less common in the big box home centers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom