Redondo Canyon Squid Dive 2/27?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HBDiveGirl

Contributor
Reaction score
Underwater SoCal. There's no place I'd rather be
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Would anyone like to dive the Redondo canyon tonight for more squid fun??? I'd be up for a 7PM meet and splash....just PM me by 6 or cell phone if you have my number...Jim?? Christian?? Melvin?? Ann Marie?? Jan?? Phil??
Happy Sunday!
Claudette

I found the possible leak in my drysuit. The aquaseal should be dry by tonight, but the inside of the suit is still wet. I will, however be there tomorrow with Ross-O if anyone else is interested. Claudette, please leave some of the squid for us. :D

HBDiveGirl:
Would anyone like to dive the Redondo canyon tonight for more squid fun??? I'd be up for a 7PM meet and splash....just PM me by 6 or cell phone if you have my number...Jim?? Christian?? Melvin?? Ann Marie?? Jan?? Phil??
Happy Sunday!
Claudette

Did two dives today, but if you don't get wet today Roland and I are diving the canyon Tuesday night.

Tonight is no bueno. Any other night this week is perfect. Lemmie know and I'll be there.

Ken

I'd love to but I'm being extra careful about the runoff. Don't want to get sick and ruin my trip to Hawaii.

But next weekend I'm gonna go dive crazy.

Thanks, all! I'll try to leave a few hahahahahah!

Meeting Kevin and Aaron at Vets at 7....I'll post tonight or tomorrow.
Here, squidy squidy squidy!!

i am really looking forward to a report, especially after seeing the special on the discovery channel tonight about the killer squid that attack divers at night in the northern part of the sea of cortez. I know the Giant squid are in close to shore right now off california.

Justin699:
i am really looking forward to a report, especially after seeing the special on the discovery channel tonight about the killer squid that attack divers at night in the northern part of the sea of cortez. I know the Giant squid are in close to shore right now off california.
Oh Justin, you mischievous one, you! Redondo Beach community services installed some great offshore giant squid barriers at the start of the season, so all we get now are the little Market Squid (Logalio opalenscens, I think). The good old days of fighting giant squid in the canyon, mano a mano, with knives flashing in the twilight, are sadly long gone. Nary a sucker-mark on me after 3 nights of squid delight...oh well...did have a sarcastic fringehead almost rip me throat out, though. Very BIG teeth on those fellas!
Maybe it's time for a road trip to Northern Sea of Cortez?????? Must be even more sporting now that the water's opaque with run off......
Appreciatively yours :eyebrow: ,
Claudette

Back
Top Bottom