Redesigned cover on Zeagle 2nd stages?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ecrowe9298

Registered
Reaction score
I just purchased a Zeagle ZX octo and I noticed that the cover has a different design than the pictures on the zeagle website. Did they recently redesign the covers on there second stages? The cover on mine has the holes around the edges and zeagle's pictures show a solid cover with a black zeagle logo. Did I get one of the old ones made by apeks? Is the cover the only thing that changed? Appreciate any feedback.

Ethan

Looks like you got old stock. Mine, which I received last fall resembles that shown on the Zeagle website.

I'm not sure if there is any functional difference,they both look about the same otherwise (adjustment knob + Venturi lever).

Thats what I figured. I was going to purchase a flathead VI also but I can't stand for my stuff not to match. I may just send this one back. Thanks for the info!

Originally the idea was to make our regulators stand out better with the circle Z logo, and it definitely does that.

Both obviously work well, but there is a difference beyond the cosmetics.

The new circle Z cover has no holes in front, as the older Zeagle cover does. This minimizes purging from water pressure when facing into currents or swimming down fast. The cover ring is also different and is angled to turn water across the diaphragm into the side holes.

**If you want to upgrade to the new cover, you must also replace the ring. You do not mix them.**

Chad

Good point, Chad - I totally forgot about the ring!!!!

Regs with the "old style" cover does not necessarily mean it is "old stock". We used up what we had of each color of the "old style" ones, so there could potentially be new stock with the older style of cover....

Scott

Is there a way to get the new cover without the grey "OZ" circle logo? Its abyssmal.

Just curious, are we talking about diving with top of the line gear or a fashion show?

For me, Zeagle is the best, regardless of how pretty it is.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom