Red swell rash on face after 3 tanks dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Disal

Registered
Reaction score
8C9869B7-DD45-4F4F-8A9F-7B6B24611581.jpeg

I did a 3 tanks dives yesterday. 1st 30% EAN 88ft 36mins. 2nd 30% EAN 78ft 42mins. 3rd 21% Air 46ft 57mins. All 3 mins safety stop completed with Terric computer. I felt completely normal just tired after a long day and rocky boat. Had a really good sleep.

Woke up this morning to see a couple of red rash swell areas on the left forehead. They are not itchy or uncomfortable. I can feel the swell raised up touching them. No rash or discolor on my body. Could it be due to scuba dive? Should I be concerned with skin bend and need to seek any media assistance? Thanks

Where were you diving? Anyone else on boat have similar? Was that the only part of your body exposed? (E.g full wetsuit, gloves, no hood). Not a doctor, but that would be a very uncommon place to have skin bends.

TLDR call DAN, but I doubt you’re bent.

Does not appear to be DCI. What were your surface intervals? Any other lesions on your body?
Any pain? Is it itchy? Any allergies to latex or silicone?

Calling DAN is not a bad idea.

Where were you diving? Anyone else on boat have similar? Was that the only part of your body exposed? (E.g full wetsuit, gloves, no hood). Not a doctor, but that would be a very uncommon place to have skin bends.

TL:DR call DAN, but I doubt your bent.
I dove in Honolulu Hawaii. I had full wetsuit, boots and gloves but no hood so only my head was exposed.

View attachment 695480

I did a 3 tanks dives yesterday. 1st 30% EAN 88ft 36mins. 2nd 30% EAN 78ft 42mins. 3rd 21% Air 46ft 57mins. All 3 mins safety stop completed with Terric computer. I felt completely normal just tired after a long day and rocky boat. Had a really good sleep.

Woke up this morning to see a couple of red rash swell areas on the left forehead. They are not itchy or uncomfortable. I can feel the swell raised up touching them. No rash or discolor on my body. Could it be due to scuba dive? Should I be concerned with skin bend and need to seek any media assistance? Thanks
Without knowing your profiles, your Surface Intervals, your Gradient Factors, and your ascent rates, it is hard to say but offhand those appear to be pretty aggressive dives. I agree with the others, DCS seems unlikely but NOT impossible. Calling DAN is always a good idea.

Does not appear to be DCI. What were your surface intervals? Any other lesions on your body?
Any pain? Is it itchy? Any allergies to latex or silicone?

Calling DAN is not a bad idea.
Plenty of surface intervals almost 1 hr between dive since I dove with a dive company and most people were on nitrox as me

No pain no itch no allergy.

I do agree also with what is said about dives being aggressive with respect to depth/time.

1639438488892.png

Consider also it could be some kind of sea-lice or exposure rash. Did you feel a sting underwater? touch coral and wipe your forehead?
insult an octopus that took a swing at you? haha. Of course always safest to call Dan to be sure ..

Do let us know how you're doing ...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom