Red swell rash on face after 3 tanks dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Although low probability yesterday, these guys can be an issue there

Long shot here but is it just one side and a limited area? Any pain, tingle? Any blisters? If so the possibility of singles comes to mind.

Reaction from rubber on the mask.

Without knowing your profiles, your Surface Intervals, your Gradient Factors, and your ascent rates, it is hard to say but offhand those appear to be pretty aggressive dives. I agree with the others, DCS seems unlikely but NOT impossible. Calling DAN is always a good idea.

How are those aggressive dives, if minimum surface interval was an hour?

My thoughts exactly. IMO, those aren't particualarly agressive even if done on air.
Planed with Subsurface on GF 50/80, all on air. Not particularly agressive, even with square profile, which probably didn't happen anyway.

Attachments

• Screenshot (198).png
    Screenshot (198).png
    71 KB · Views: 74
  • Screenshot (199).png
    Screenshot (199).png
    73.9 KB · Views: 61
  • Screenshot (200).png
    Screenshot (200).png
    66.1 KB · Views: 75
My thoughts exactly. IMO, those aren't particualarly agressive even if done on air.
Planed with Subsurface on GF 50/80, all on air. Not particularly agressive, even with square profile, which probably didn't happen anyway.
Interesting. No tables would allow either of the first two dives on air.

View attachment 695480

I did a 3 tanks dives yesterday. 1st 30% EAN 88ft 36mins. 2nd 30% EAN 78ft 42mins. 3rd 21% Air 46ft 57mins. All 3 mins safety stop completed with Terric computer. I felt completely normal just tired after a long day and rocky boat. Had a really good sleep.

Woke up this morning to see a couple of red rash swell areas on the left forehead. They are not itchy or uncomfortable. I can feel the swell raised up touching them. No rash or discolor on my body. Could it be due to scuba dive? Should I be concerned with skin bend and need to seek any media assistance? Thanks
Although DCS can't be completely ruled out, I think it would be pretty low on the differential given the delayed, localized presentation and the robust blood flow in that area.

Best regards,
DDM

Interesting. No tables would allow either of the first two dives on air.
Done as per OP's data. Again, not what I would call agressive.

Attachments

• Screenshot (201).png
    Screenshot (201).png
    66.9 KB · Views: 54
  • Screenshot (202).png
    Screenshot (202).png
    69.8 KB · Views: 55
  • Screenshot (203).png
    Screenshot (203).png
    65.9 KB · Views: 60
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back