Question Red Sea RE Aggressor trips to Sudan?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi @d^2b

I did the BDE and South itinerary in 2016. The two longer trips to Sudan looked very interesting.

My wife was not that happy that I was considering Sudan, I had not decided about the safety yet. The boat stopped at Port Sudan for an immigration check on the way down.

I'll post if I hear from Aggressor
The M/S Royal Evolution will resume its own operations as it used to since 2006.

She will be offering four itineraries starting today, all out of from Port Ghalib - Egypt:
- Sudan out of Egypt out from Egypt “ Thirteen nights “ .
- Deep south Sudan out from Egypt “ Thirteen nights ”.
- Egypt / Sudan border ( Elba Reef ) – 7 Nights onboard.
- Red Sea Grand tour “Seven nights” ( Brothers, Deadalus, Rocky, Zabargad & St.John )

It is due to the political situation in Sudan since 2019 unfortunately
Royal Evolution ran 3 Sudan trips in 2020 "then pandemic happened in March 2020" , 7 Sudan trips in 2021 & 8 Sudan trips in 2022 ,

All rest of Sudan trip were fulfilled as scheduled..

The political situation in October 2021 has effected just one trip was dated 28th October 2021,

Royal Evolution ran 3 Sudan trips in 2020 "then pandemic happened in March 2020" , 7 Sudan trips in 2021 & 8 Sudan trips in 2022 ,

All rest of Sudan trip were fulfilled as scheduled..

The political situation in October 2021 has effected just one trip was dated 28th October 2021,
Salam

Are associated with the company?

Hello Ahmed and all others,
Good to hear from you on this forum.
Thank you for bringing clarity to this discussion. We were on the Oct. 28th trip , actually we were on the boat the week before doing BDE and then to go to Sudan for 13 days but it was changed.
Looking forward to May 2023,
John Gildernew

Hello Ahmed and all others,
Good to hear from you on this forum.
Thank you for bringing clarity to this discussion. We were on the Oct. 28th trip , actually we were on the boat the week before doing BDE and then to go to Sudan for 13 days but it was changed.
Looking forward to May 2023,
John Gildernew
Dear Mr.John,

It's always an honor having you onboard ,

We're looking forward for your trip in May 2023

Kind regards

Ahmed

The first ”RE” was the Royal Emperor. Owned by pioneer Yasser El Moafi (phonetic spelling). It was a steel hulled 14-bed, one of the first built for dive safaris across the borders in the Red Sea. Was one of the first vessels do trips to the marine parks in Egypt after they reopened in the late 1990’s. It was sold to Emperor Divers when Yasser bought the Royal Evolution. Royal Emperor was moved to Port Sudan from where it operated for a few years. I loved the Royal Emperor — big sturdy ship and only 14 guests. Quite a few legendary crew on both the RE:s. Yasser always got the best people.
Normal for the Evolution (which was an Aggressor boat a short while) is Sudan fall to spring and then Egypt in the summer months. It has been in service since the 00’s, so it is not a new ship anymore. Haven’t been on her for almost ten years but can imagine that age much show, even if well maintained.
Good afternoon Mr.Christian,

Hope this message finds you well.

I'm Ahmed , Royal Evolution current operation manager and former cruise director . I ensure to you that we always do our best to fulfill our valuable guests expectations in safety and comfort onboard and to keep ship durability in best condition . we don't spare any effort or expenses to keep our vessel renovated , well maintained and also, entire vessel including hull , machinery and superstructure is annually inspected by the international surveyor "Bureau Veritas " , ministry of tourism & CDWS ….….

Kindly regards ,

Ahmed Dawood

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom