Question Red Sea RE Aggressor trips to Sudan?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The reason for this is now clear. Royal Evolution have posted on their Facebook page that they are no longer part of the Aggressor fleet. The quote from their Facebook page is:

Dear Esteemed Partners, Colleagues & Guests,

We trust that you are all doing well, though we have no doubt that it was very challenging during these very tough times for all of us.

We are pleased to inform you that the license agreement with Aggressor Adventures is no longer in force and has been terminated. The M/S Royal Evolution will resume its own operations as it used to since 2006.

We will be offering four itineraries starting today, all out of from Port Ghalib - Egypt:

- Red Sea Grand tour “Seven nights” ( Brothers, Deadalus, Rocky, Zabargad & St.John )
- Sudan out of Egypt out from Egypt “ Thirteen nights “ .
- Deep south Sudan out from Egypt “ Thirteen nights ”.

We are also delighted to present our new flagship itinerary in Egypt :

- Egypt / Sudan border ( Elba Reef ) – 7 Nights onboard.

We would like to thank you all for the positive & longstanding relationship we maintained in the past and we are looking forward to continue future success.

Thank you for being such an important member to us.

Sincerely yours,

Royal Evolution team

I dived with Royal Evolution last October, a good boat and crew. I was surprised when they announced they were becoming part of Aggressor, equally I am surprised at how short the relationship has been.
Since we have been on this boat for 3 itineraries for total of 7 weeks, in 6 years we do not understand why they joined Aggressor, not to knock Aggressor ( a legitimate company) , we just did not understand the reason other than maybe more business from the USA, which is where we live. This boat in our opinion is managed well, very good crew and captain, food , itinerary and the boat itself.. We have done 18 LOB's and this is our favorite thus far, no one , place or boat is perfect but we like this complete operation and have just booked another 2 week south Sudan trip for spring 2023. We are not getting paid or any benefits from these statements just sharing our experiences and opinions so as to help others decide what they might want to do .

Be well.

If the Royal Evolution is no longer in the Aggressor Fleet, I wonder what boat Aggressor is running to the Deep South? Reservations available for the rest of the year.

If the Royal Evolution is no longer in the Aggressor Fleet, I wonder what boat Aggressor is running to the Deep South? Reservations available for the rest of the year.
Good luck on another Aggressor boat going to Sudan, the only other boats that I know of that travel down to Sudan from Egypt is Sea Wolf Dominator and an Italian boat based in port Sudan, no Aggressor boats ever, Royal Evolution was to be the Aggressor boat.
Spring 2021 we did South Sudan and we were to do North Sudan November 2021 but we stayed in Egyptian red sea supposedly due to Sudan civil war and the Royal Evolution was changing everything on the boat to Aggressor at that time. We have been down to Sudan on Royal Evolution 3 times and last November had to stay in Egypt waters. Can't wait for May 2023 to go again.

The Red Sea RE Aggressor has no entries in the Adventure Logs since March 2022. The Feb and Mar posts are Sudan. At the same time, they appear to be booking trips to Egypt Deep South, nothing in Sudan. For instance:
1655155171622.png

I don't know if they are running or not, does anybody?

I have had an email exchange with Wayne Brown. On May 11, I wrote:
1655155888543.png

On May 19, he wrote:
1655155975201.png

On May 31, I wrote:
1655156038127.png

He replied on May 31:
1655156075198.png

Maybe Aggressor has a new boat, the RE II. Does anybody know? I would love to do one or both of the Sudan itineraries before I am too old and infirm. Maybe this will be on the RE (I)

So, the RE II will be a new boat for Aggressor:

We are still working on securing the permits for the RE II which would be a new vessel.

Thanks,

Wayne B. Brown
Owner & CEO
Aggressor Adventures

The RE stands for Royal Evolution, this boat is no longer part of the Aggressor fleet. It was apart but for a short time period. Have you seen or read about another boat with RE designation? RE 11? I dont know why there would be any confusion concerning boat names or designations.......
If you go to Royal Evolutions web site you will see that they have scheduled a resumption of trips to North and South Sudan for end of 2022 and 2023. Presently , Aggressor has no boat for Sudan waters, they do have 2 boats for Egypt waters.

The RE stands for Royal Evolution, this boat is no longer part of the Aggressor fleet. It was apart but for a short time period. Have you seen or read about another boat with RE designation? RE 11? I dont know why there would be any confusion concerning boat names or designations.......
If you go to Royal Evolutions web site you will see that they have scheduled a resumption of trips to North and South Sudan for end of 2022 and 2023. Presently , Aggressor has no boat for Sudan waters, they do have 2 boats for Egypt waters.
Ask Wayne Brown ^^^ he has answered all my emails regarding Sudan trips.

As of now, looks like the Aggressor RE II will be doing Sudan trips once the permits are obtained. We'll see.

Ask Wayne Brown ^^^ he has answered all my emails regarding Sudan trips.

As of now, looks like the Aggressor RE II will be doing Sudan trips once the permits are obtained. We'll see.

Let me know when you book the trip, I'll go with you.

The first ”RE” was the Royal Emperor. Owned by pioneer Yasser El Moafi (phonetic spelling). It was a steel hulled 14-bed, one of the first built for dive safaris across the borders in the Red Sea. Was one of the first vessels do trips to the marine parks in Egypt after they reopened in the late 1990’s. It was sold to Emperor Divers when Yasser bought the Royal Evolution. Royal Emperor was moved to Port Sudan from where it operated for a few years. I loved the Royal Emperor — big sturdy ship and only 14 guests. Quite a few legendary crew on both the RE:s. Yasser always got the best people.
Normal for the Evolution (which was an Aggressor boat a short while) is Sudan fall to spring and then Egypt in the summer months. It has been in service since the 00’s, so it is not a new ship anymore. Haven’t been on her for almost ten years but can imagine that age much show, even if well maintained.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom