Red Sea Liveabord

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dougz

Registered
Reaction score
Hiya,

8 of us are planning a trip to the Red Sea from the UK and are looking at booking a liveaboard out of Hurghada.

:boom: Can anyone recommend a good liveaboard/travel company to use.

:boom: Can anyone let me know of a company NOT to use!!!

:boom: Any idea's/tips???

Thanks.

Dougz

Pisces - check their site out at www.pisces-diving.com

Great Captain who knows all the sites, pretty good boat (I was on one of teh earlier cruises where they still had some things to iron out - but then I'm a friend....)

Tell Pip I sent you..... Alternatively you can send me a PM and I'll give you her email address.

Have fun
Jonathan

This March will be our 2nd trip aboard the Royal Emperor. It's a 90' steel hulled vessel that has everything you could want... including rebreather!

Our dive guide was Grant... he was fantastic.

Wonderful dives, excellent food, great accommodations... can't say anything more.

Some of our u/w pics from that trip can be found here:
http://y42.briefcase.yahoo.com/pgdaley2001

Royal Emperor Website:
http://www.royalemperor.com/

Booking for Royal Emperor is throuh Diving World (located in the UK). You can contact them here:world@diving-world.com

Have fun!

~SubMariner~

I'll second the opinion about the Royal Emperor. It's one of
the best in the entire Red Sea. There are about 6-8 boats
offering the same type of standards, e.g. MY Oyster, the
Excel (agressor) etc, but all the other boats take something
like 18-20 divers. RE only takes 14, which is nice if you're
the kind of diver who dislikes big bubble partys.

Grant is a really nice diveguide and the captain is very
flexible. Something that is not true for all captains in
the Red Sea.

Good Luck

Christian

Hi;
Last summer spend two weeks on the MY Rosetta, run by a british copple. Excellent boat, good crew, nice divemasters
The place to talk is Tony Backhurst, www.scuba.co.uk or phone 0800 0728221
Have a great holiday
Theo

Hi Christian and Submariner

We've booked the Two week Marine park liveaboard with the RE in June.
I was glad to read your posts saying good things about them.
How many divings a day can we expect?
Is there anything you would recommend?

Thanks for your advice

Sue

Hi Sue and congratulations ...

It is a very nice trip. I have made the exact same trip on the same ship and had a great time. We usually dived 3 or 4 times each day, depending a little bit on the profiles. Some dives tend to be quite deep and in a place like the Brothers it is easy to unwillingly push your limits ... It is very much up to your group. If you don't say anything, you'll probably get 3 dives a day, but if you wish to AND tell Grant, they will plan 4 dives a day when it's possible.

My reccomendation is to spend as much time as possible on Brother Islands. This is one of the
first destinations in your itinerary, so it is easy to want to speed on to a new reef after a few days, but as I said. Try to be cool and spend as much time as you can there, you will not regret it afterwards. Try to dive the north east point of little brother, where the current hits the reef. A lot of fish gather there and also larger predators.

Another dive you should make is Elphinstone north. A good place to find hammerhead sharks in schools of up to 25 animals.

good luck

/christian

Thanks a lot for the tips.

I'm looking forward to go. I've done the north route last summer, and I've enjoyed a lot

I really hope we'll have the chance to see some hammerheads!

Cheers

Sue

Submariner:
Great pictures. My favorite was the "Lion fish". But I also like "Fusiliers in the sun".
Thanks for sharing.

Hi
The best liveabaord in the Red sea is without doupt the Tiger Lily out of Hurgarda, our club went in March and the vis and food on the boat, which aslo has Nitro was superb.

If you want some prices contact me

Kevin

Back
Top Bottom