Red Sea liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aloodb

Registered
Reaction score
I'm planning to do my first liveaboard in the Red sea sometime in August. Thinking of using the Seagull run by Explorers Dive! anyone got any recent experiences of this boat, its just been refitted I beleive.

Also how much should I be thinking about for "extras", I'm told it depends on the itinerary with park fees etc but I'd still like to get a ballpark figure. The sort of extras I'm aware of so far are

Softdrinks/Beer
Entry Visa
Park fees
Wreck fees

Is it usual to tip the crew for example ?
The last afternoon is spent in a hotel ashore where lunch/dinner is not covered, whats this likely to cost ?

Thanks

I don't know about the boat but the marine park fees are $15 US for a Northern Itinery and $45 for the South (You pay Marine Fees on the boat in Cash) the visa into Egypt is about $27 US and the boat will expect you to pay in dollars or pounds for all your drinks, sometimes soft drinks are included but you will always pay for alcoholic drinks.
You are expected to leave a tip for the crew at the end of your voyage in Egytian Pounds anything up to 20 Egyptian a day but the boats dive master will advise you. It will be very hot in August so you may end up sleeping on deck.
Drink plenty of water even when you don't feel thirsty.
Good luck
Jonathan Crowther

Back
Top Bottom