Red at 40 feet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa:
yes, thank you sjspeck!
Thank Google and my Insomnia. Also I just like finding out about/diving with Turtles.

Steve

Lisa, did the turtle look happy and healthy?

He was just hanging out, didn't mind us looking at him. Roger said he has seen him a few days before - same spot and same thing happening - I might get ther tomorrow, I'll see if he's still there.

OK, they went to that dive site again and the turtle was there - same spot - alive and still had red stuff coming out of his mouth.....I tried getting in touch with the "save the turtles people" once before and they say that they can't do anything unless the turtle was on shore...I might sent them a picture...see what they say.

Check out the redness of this algae. These were taken at about 25'. I'm sure that the red would still be bright even if it was seen deeper.

I saw it on one dive only. Nothing seemed too interested in eating it. Turtles may have a different menu than fish but there were no turtles around to test my theory on :D. It was in sheets, almost like plastic cling wrap. Some was as thick as a trash bag. I could imagine it being chewed up and looking like ink maybe.

I can't say that I saw any algae around....but who am I to say? I wrote the bishop museum, lets see if they have something to say.

How are things with you Yoda??

Maybe it really is bleeding. Fish hook?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom