RED AL80 tank boots?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

are some of you folks for real? a tank boot protects the bottom of the tank and any other surface it comes in contact with, boat deck or whatever. save money? a lousy $5.00? are you kidding me? i have never seen a tank without a boot on it...except for maybe brand new in the store. i know it's not just a left coast thing, as i have seen boots in use in mexico and the caribbean as well. sand? salt? we rinse our gear after we get home so that's a non-issue. sorry i asked...

thanks devo and ted!

the responses you got...we're all just folks that like to annoy people (we checked your user profile).

cyklon_300:
What are you protecting, a boat deck or the cylinder itself? Tank boots tend to just trap salt and sand, both are detrimental to cylinders.

I just need to vent about people who decide to tell others how to set their gear up. How do you know what type of maintenance this guy does on his gear? Who knows, maybe after each dive he washes his gear for an hour in fresh water and he removes the boots and hand dries his tanks WHILE inspecting the tank for any damage.

Of course, he also might never rinse a piece of equipment and it rots in six months.

MikeC:
Who knows, maybe after each dive he washes his gear for an hour in fresh water and he removes the boots and hand dries his tanks

me, i just don't use the boot and spend that time drinking Coronas with my wife

Tiburon: don't ever be afraid to use a useless piece of gear. for example,
instead of being careful with your tanks, put a boot on them and bang them
around... can't hurt them or anything else that way, right??

:wink:

tiburon72157:
are some of you folks for real? a tank boot protects the bottom of the tank and any other surface it comes in contact with, boat deck or whatever. save money? a lousy $5.00? are you kidding me? i have never seen a tank without a boot on it...except for maybe brand new in the store. i know it's not just a left coast thing, as i have seen boots in use in mexico and the caribbean as well. sand? salt? we rinse our gear after we get home so that's a non-issue. sorry i asked...

I can say that the midwest quarry divers are generally tank boot users as well. I'd have one too -if I owned a tank, anyway.

devolution365:
I can say that the midwest quarry divers are generally tank boot users as well. I'd have one too -if I owned a tank, anyway.

Exactly... If there is a boot manufacture, there is some reason, demand and supply.

All diver isn't a boat diver. Our LDS is using a pink boot.....

andy - a mind is a terrible thing to waste. i prefer the left coast philosophy. tanks get banged around...it's envitable. we have lots of rocks around here as well. similar to the ones...oh nevermind.

well, at least the guys that use a pink boot get something for the money

:wink:

actually, it's true that for my kind of diving boots are not needed, but that, of course,
can change with the environment. i was giving you a hard time, Tiburon

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom