Recycling collar in zipseals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubapilot2000

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I think the debate is pretty confirmed that the seals in zipseals don't seem to last as long as traditional seals.

I saw a post in my search that someone "planned" to replace his broken seal on his zip seal neck collar. Recycling the collar and not having to buy an new expensive neck zipseal.

has anyone actually done this? Are some of the traditional drysuit repair facilities providing this service?

Yes, we have heard many DIY attempt on this subject, but we haven't seen any actual job.

It is a doable and feasible project, but we haven't had any actual follow up.

I would like to see the picture if someone has it done.

My DS instructor planned to make a set of neoprene zip seals using just such a method. I'll have to touch bases with him and see if he ever did it.

I have been replacing the neck and wrist seals in my customers old zip seals for about 6 months now with great success.

You can visit the site at Dry suit Specialty Services - Dry suit Repairs, Parts, & Servicing

We charge $65.00 for the neck and $60.00 for a set of wrist seals.

Your price includes the seals, doesn't it?

Do you have any pictures to show the replacement job?

Hmm~~

The new DUI wrist seal replacement MSRP is $118. But, we might be able to get it in $90~$100 range.

With your service, we have to ship ours to you first and ship it back again. It might be another $21~$24 based on your S/H charge. Therefore, it is going to be $81~$84. With an Instructor or DM card, we can save $6 from the total though..

I have been replacing the neck and wrist seals in my customers old zip seals for about 6 months now with great success.

Curious if you offer that service for zip dry gloves?

Your price includes the seals, doesn't it?

Do you have any pictures to show the replacement job?

Hmm~~

The new DUI wrist seal replacement MSRP is $118. But, we might be able to get it in $90~$100 range.

With your service, we have to ship ours to you first and ship it back again. It might be another $21~$24 based on your S/H charge. Therefore, it is going to be $81~$84. With an Instructor or DM card, we can save $6 from the total though..

I will post some pic's tomorrow of some current neck seals I have at the shop. The shipping charge can be changed to $10.00 for all areas considering the size and weight of the package.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom