Recommended shop in Ft. Lauderdale?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bentleyfam26

Registered
Reaction score
Been awhile since I was here, but would appreciate some advice.

Just moved to Ft. Lauderdale and looking for a shop recommendation. Prefer a smaller family run place, experienced owner capable of advanced training, has relationships with nearby dive clubs. Interested in more personalized place run by "good folks" rather than a megashop environment.

Many thanks!

Force-E and Gold Coast Scuba are great shops (located in Pompano and Lauderdale by the Sea). Gold Coast has a Meetup.com group that does a lot of sponsored beach and boat dives.

For boats, I like South Florida Dive HQ, Pompano Dive Ctr and Scubatyme.

Sea Experience is a Mom an Pop shop in Ft. Lauderdale. Good peeps. And the boat is nice too.

Check out Divers Discont Florida on federal highway in Fort Lauderdale. Sam, the owner, has been in business here for 30+ years. Although they have a big web presence he is very attentive and knowledgable with great prices. He also has a great relationship with a local dive group.

Force E has a great reputation as well.

Welcome to Fort Lauderdale.

Cheers

I did my checkout dives with Undersea Sports, but they use SFDH boats. Had a great time with them.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Fill Express does advanced technical training and has all the gas on site to do it.

Both Sam from Divers Discount and Didier from Fill Express belong to my dive club: South Florida Divers. We call ourselves a social club with a diving problem. If you are looking for only diving, check out Gold Coast. But if you also want to do other stuff you should visit SFDI.

SFDI Home

Check out Divers Discont Florida on federal highway in Fort Lauderdale. Sam, the owner, has been in business here for 30+ years. Although they have a big web presence he is very attentive and knowledgable with great prices. He also has a great relationship with a local dive group.

Force E has a great reputation as well.

Welcome to Fort Lauderdale.

Cheers

Divers Discont Florida is truly a family ran shop. I love going there when they bring Sinbad (family dog) in. great service and great staff. Their building has a gnarly ocean mural painted on it.

Force E is a great shop, too. I go to the one in Pompano sometimes.

If you're going to be a bit more north, Dixie Divers in Deerfield Beach is my favorite shop.

I have had very good experiences with both Sea Experience and Lauderdale Divers.

Another thumbs up for Sea Experience, UnderSeas Sports, and Gold Coast.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom