Recommended decompression theory manual or book

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LFMarm

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Which books or manuals would you recommend on decompression that cover both practical applications to diving but also the related human physiology? I am looking for something that takes into account the findings in the last 5-10 years from the leading scientists in the field like @Dr Simon Mitchell, @David Doolette, Neal Pollock, @Dr. Doug Ebersole

Very good, but with those being 2014 & 2018, they could stand a refresh.

Very good, but with those being 2014 & 2018, they could stand a refresh.

Has there been any real advancement of knowledge in this area since then? I doubt anything substantial. Diving sciences move at a snails pace.

Shall we open up the deep stop discussion? I think not...

IIRC Powell discussed it in his book. Been a while since I read it... Also the whole GF thing...

If you want up to date, you are going to need to read journal articles. $85 per year gets you an associate membership with the UHMS which includes online access to the Journal of Hyperbaric Medicine.

If you have an affiliation with a university library, you might be able to get access through them.

Or you can use Google Scholar. For example this search for the words "decompression" and "scuba" limited to 2018 or newer.

Pubmed got free articles but all the salient points have been thoroughly discussed here by some of the preeminent researchers in the field and its free AND amusing.

Pubmed got free articles but all the salient points have been thoroughly discussed here by some of the preeminent researchers in the field and its free AND amusing.
The content in the forum is amazing but it requires quite a bit of research. It would be great to have a manual that builds up from foundations to tactical implications in one go.

Which books or manuals would you recommend on decompression that cover both practical applications to diving but also the related human physiology? I am looking for something that takes into account the findings in the last 5-10 years from the leading scientists in the field like @Dr Simon Mitchell, @David Doolette, Neal Pollock, @Dr. Doug Ebersole

Just get the two Powell books already mentioned and be done with it for now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom