Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great. Thanks so much for all the info. I am really hoping to get over to Sharm El Sheik and get my AOW before I get to Moalboal, plus I want to get some diving done. It's gotten a little too cold here in Kuwait to jump in.

Yeah maybe if we can teach Abu Sayef to scuba dive they can relax a bit. Either that or we will all have to worry about getting abducted underwater too.
I was thinking about trying to do some diving at a place called Santa Cruz Island. I guess it has one of only four pink sand beaches. The only problem is that you have to buy a permit from the local government to go out to it. I am not sure how difficult that would be? And you always have to wonder where exactly that money really goes.
I heard in Ani Lao the funds all go to the local "game wardens" to make sure that people aren't doing any illegal fishing. But here is the catch. The local "game wardens" sold the boat they were using to do this. Now they are collecting fees from all the divers and doing absolutely nothing. Awesome.

Less than a month and I'll be in Moalboal myself, ... thanks guys for some more great ideas, I'll be sure to checkout Sunken Island Rogersea.. Read somewhere the place also has 50 odd bars and restaurant, should be good fun.
Cheeers 30M

We dived Moalboal in June of last year. The highlight is Pescador Island - a wall that drops away for ever, lots of fish life, turtles and MASSIVE schools of sardines. We stayed at the Quo Vadis resort - nice rooms for about A$45.00, good restaurant, pool, and Dodo - the best dive guide I have had the pleasure of diving with in the Philippines. We are returning again this year - I don't think you will be disappointed if you make the trip.

Well the diving is good here but I dont know about 50 some bars!!! I think it more like 10. The bars and heady night life are found more in PG which helps makes it a real popular spot. Shoot me an email before you come..

As long as there's a cold beer and a hardly feed a one of them, thats all that matters.

:sharkattack:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom