Recommendations Please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gatorshark

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I will be in the PI, celebrating my honeymoon, March 14-30. My wife to be doesn't dive, but supports my desire to dive a couple days. She is Filipina and we will be visiting some of her friends and family so I cant vary much on the itinerary. We will have several days in an around Manila which obviously wont permit diving.

I am looking for any recs for operations and/or specific sites to focus on.

Donsol - we will try to do the Whale Shark snorkeling, is it worth diving?

Boracay- Ive found a good bit of info here so I can probably figure this one out

Bohol

Palawan - any diving worth mentioning?

Cebu- large area but what about Camarines Sur or another place?

Thanks!
I want to do at least 2, 2-tank trips, maybe 3. Please suggest areas to avoid or hit hard! Thanks, I intend to be back later this year and will continue PI dive exploration.

I believe Anilao is the closest to Manila.
It's a 2 hr drive away. You can sneak away to dive while she is visiting :)

You can drive to Subic, just 2 hours from Manila. Same distance as Anilao on the map... but express super-highway all the way there (beautiful views on the drive too).

Subic is wreck diving heaven. There's lots for non-divers to do in the area - Ocean Adventures theme park, Zoobic Safari, Treetop jungle tour.... duty free shopping!

I will be in the PI, celebrating my honeymoon, March 14-30. My wife to be doesn't dive, but supports my desire to dive a couple days. She is Filipina and we will be visiting some of her friends and family so I cant vary much on the itinerary. We will have several days in an around Manila which obviously wont permit diving.

I am looking for any recs for operations and/or specific sites to focus on.

Donsol - we will try to do the Whale Shark snorkeling, is it worth diving?

Boracay- Ive found a good bit of info here so I can probably figure this one out

Bohol

Palawan - any diving worth mentioning?

Cebu- large area but what about Camarines Sur or another place?

Thanks!
I want to do at least 2, 2-tank trips, maybe 3. Please suggest areas to avoid or hit hard! Thanks, I intend to be back later this year and will continue PI dive exploration.
Donsol: If you had never seen a whaleshark then well worth the effort and March is happened to be the peak season.
Boracay: Good choice for honeymoon, walk along the White Beach......Avoid the Holy Week at any cost!!!
Palawan: The best in the country ie. Tubataha Reef(liveaboard ONLY). If Coron is part of Palawan then it is the best wreck diving in the country.
Visayas: Next time when you have more time!!!! Bohol, Dumaguette(Apo Island), Camiguin, Davao, General Santos, Malapascua, Moalboal, Northern Samar(never been), Siqujor(Witch Island), Southern Leyte etc etc.
Camarines de Sur: Is Ticao Island considered to be on Camarines?

Back
Top Bottom