Recommendations on places to stay/eat in High Springs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Rob/Tom. I am only going to be there for 3 days and will be with my wife. This trip is actually for our anniversary. She doesn't dive, but is willing to let me for a few days. Then we are going to Crystal River to snorkel with the manatees (something we both want to do), and then down to Naples for a few days. Being that she is really only going to high springs to indulge me, and she doesn't dive, I want to try to pick a place that she will like. Thanks again all for the suggestions.

The last time I went, we pitched a tent, built a fire, roasted some food, popped a cold beer, and told dive stories. The next day I put on my wetsuit and went into the showers. I filled my wetsuit, my gloves, and my boots, with hot water. The rest of the day was bubbles, caverns, garfish, and tall river grass.

Thanks Rob/Tom. I am only going to be there for 3 days and will be with my wife. This trip is actually for our anniversary. She doesn't dive, but is willing to let me for a few days. Then we are going to Crystal River to snorkel with the manatees (something we both want to do), and then down to Naples for a few days. Being that she is really only going to high springs to indulge me, and she doesn't dive, I want to try to pick a place that she will like. Thanks again all for the suggestions.

In that case, I'd stay at the High Springs Country Inn. It's not the nicest place in the area, but it is the nicest place in High Springs and last time I was there was only $40/night plus tax.

If it's the two of you AND it's your anniversary, fork over the shekels for Grady House. Your wife will be deeply appreciative of the place, and you will never forget your stay there. Especially if you can score the Red Room.

We stay in Gainsville when we are diving in High Springs. It's just a short 30 minute drive to High Springs (Devils Den and Blue Grotto too) Last time we stayed at the Red Roof Inn and it worked out pretty well. The bathrooms are a pretty good size so we were able to use the shower bar we take with us to hang and dry our gear each night. There are several restaurants in the Gainsville area so finding food is never an issue.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom