Recommendations middle keys dive operators...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike B.

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I will be in Marathon next month, single diver, looking for recommendations on a good location/operator for reef dives (OW diver) that are safe, well run, good equipment and preferably runs small groups. Really don't like crowds above or below the surface. Willing to drive a little from Marathon to have the best possible dive experience.

Any recommendations/advice welcomed.

Mike

I've had good experience with Dive Duck Key on the north (east) side of Marathon. A buddy of mine swears by Captain Hooks, though I've not been out with them.

Neither puts guides in the water unless you hire your own personal guide. I don't think you need a guide in Marathon due to it being shallow diving and it's pretty difficult to get lost.

If you're willing to drive 45 minutes to get a free guide, Islamorada Dive Center outs guides in the water

Last edited:
Dove with Abyss in Marathon, in June. They are a six pack operation, clean, quality boat. Captain/DM stays on boat, gave very detailed accurate briefing before each dive, no guide in water unless you hire one. We only rented bcd's for the kids but they were in good shape, and rental gear in the shed where we stored our gear looked well maintained. They are on the North bound side of the road just south of Key Colony.
:thumb:X5

If you want to drive a little south of Marathon , try Looe Key Reef resort located on Summerland key !
Try lunch at Boondocks while you are at it . Have a good time .

I have dove with Hall's Dive Shop and Capt Hooks and they both would meet your description. I was satisfied with them both and will return to each of them!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom