Question Recommendations for diving in Malta in August

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would highly recommend diving with Demis Farrugia of Home | DIVErse SCUBA Solutions | Malta. He's a super nice guy, lives there (obviously), and is a top notch instructor as well. He can be reached at +356 7909 2606, +356 7909 2606, You can also reach him on FB at Bei Facebook anmelden.

I guarantee you'll be very happy in your experience with him, so much that I'd give you a refund myself if you weren't.

I guessed this might be coming.
There are other cases like this one
where are they, iam on malta/gozo every year

I guessed this might be coming.
There are other cases like this one
There is an update on this case:
Judge overturns Malta dive buddy death ruling

I did all my trainings (OW, AOW, Deep, Wreck) with Divewise in St. Julian's and they are fantastic. I suggest you also consider some close by shop or free pickups like Divewise if you are not too far.

That court case happened because the victim was a Maltese soldier. A scape goat was needed. But it backfired. Again.

but with only 10 dives i would go to gozo, more fun at shallow dives
It's actually the other way around. Malta has lots of shallow shore dives, but if you want the deeper shore dives you need to go to Gozo.

Firstly a bit of background about me, I have a PADI open water certification with 10 dives, plus two try dives, so very much a novice. The deepest I've dived is 18m.

I've heard that Malta is a great place to dive and I was looking for recommendations on the best diving locations over there and also the best companies to use as there are so many. I was planning on visiting in the last week of August.

Thank you in advance.
Robin.
There are many excellent dive centers on both Malta and Gozo. There is however one Maltese law that applies to you: if you're not trained to dive to 30m depth, your dive has to be lead by an instructor.
I can give you recommendations depending on where you plan to stay in Malta. If you want premium diving, contact me and come to Gozo.

If you want premium diving

What does "premium" mean in this context? Is it better dive sites or better "guide service" or advanced type of diving?

(I maybe passing through Malta from/to Libya in the coming weeks and I may have a day or two to dive there :) )

What does "premium" mean in this context? Is it better dive sites or better "guide service" or advanced type of diving?

(I maybe passing through Malta from/to Libya in the coming weeks and I may have a day or two to dive there :) )
I have a fairly big apartment with several bedrooms+bathrooms, so I can easily provide accommodation.
And for the "premium"... One week ago a group of divers gave feedback about their experience. They told the center to send guests with me in the last part of their holiday, since I provided premium diving. It put a smile on my face.

That court case happened because the victim was a Maltese soldier. A scape goat was needed. But it backfired. Again.

It's actually the other way around. Malta has lots of shallow shore dives, but if you want the deeper shore dives you need to go to Gozo.

There are many excellent dive centers on both Malta and Gozo. There is however one Maltese law that applies to you: if you're not trained to dive to 30m depth, your dive has to be lead by an instructor.
I can give you recommendations depending on where you plan to stay in Malta. If you want premium diving, contact me and come to Gozo.
Thank you.

i love the italian food on malta/gozo

Italian and other ethnic foods in Malta are terrible imitations of these foods. The only time I had good food was when i stayed at big name hotels with buffet style restaurants. For me, Malta competes against the UK for not so great food. Please note that this is my only complaint about Malta, food.

Back
Top Bottom