Recommendations for DIR Regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am not sure if this would be a good thread to ask, but google has not delivered what i was looking for.
I have a set of DS4 regs, that i want to set up on a set of doubles. It looks like people are running them with the 5th port facing out, and not using it but some of the hoses end up with a pretty hard bend. Does anyone have pix of these regs facing in, with the hose arrangement, or a reason that they are not used in this config?
Thank you guys in advance.
Luis

I am not sure if this would be a good thread to ask, but google has not delivered what i was looking for.
I have a set of DS4 regs, that i want to set up on a set of doubles. It looks like people are running them with the 5th port facing out, and not using it but some of the hoses end up with a pretty hard bend. Does anyone have pix of these regs facing in, with the hose arrangement, or a reason that they are not used in this config?
Luis

DST? Like so?

bd4673400f0be4740e48ff687874c51d?AccessKeyId=F8E9CED369DBB0C87419&disposition=0&alloworigin=1.jpg

Luis

DS4 has no fifth port. DST has it as an optional upgrade.

Thanks for the quick reply guys!
The ones I have have a 5th port, and no turret so its like a sorter xtx50.

Does it matter what tank you take the pressure reading off of?

On general principles, no. However there are a couple of factors that make it useful to be on the left.

One of the biggest is that it keeps the HP hose separate from your breathing hoses so less likely to be an issue with your long hose, can light cord etc.

It also lets you check gas while scootering which is nice when you’re in current and are using the scooter to keep station or you are team diving and don’t need to stop everyone to check your gas.

I guess you've just worked out why people set the environmental seals on DS4s to the inside. They only have 1 HP port, so you can't turn them around. The bolt on the end is not a 5th port, by the way.
Keep the SPG on the left post, there are many good reasons for that, and I'm sure some searching will find them for you.

Thanks
John

Thanks for the quick reply guys!
The ones I have have a 5th port, and no turret so its like a sorter xtx50.
In the old days only DST has the 5th port! But we are living in 21st century therefore the latest FSR and FST are also 5th port compatible.
Apeks reg with 5th port and NO turret is either FSR or FST.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom