Recommendation for prescription mask, please?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TY Herman and Tep. Good to know people have liked their service, I had been a little leary of them as a "sponsored" link on web searches, but I guess they're big enough to support it!

Ted

For what it is worth, I used Prescription Dive Masks before they were a sponsored link for both single and bifocal lenses. Over the years they have done three separate masks for me. Quick service, excellent results. No problems.

I admit I had an additional advantage: they are located < 30 minutes from me. I was able to stop by and check out the shop and then decide to drop off my son's prescription and his mask. Dropped off on Monday, picked up on Friday, but only because they weren't as busy. Come to think of it, it was a February... This might be a good time...

So I checked with my optomatrist, and they said they could get me a mask. I went in to try on the mask for fit, and was told that, they have some sort of plastic insert that holds the lenses and you wedge this into the mask! Is this acutally possible? Does anyone do this? If so, I would think it would be a terrible idea, with fogging, water drops on the lenses, possibility of dislodgement etc. Anyone heard of something like this? I'm thinking the office doesn't actually know, and just assumed that was how it worked, but actually this setup is for testing only. The company they send it out to is Hilco. . . .

Ted

Just found a link to the setup they were peddling. You can see the "adapter" in the photo, so I guess that is what they do! Is there actually a good reason to do it this way, other than if your prescription changes you don't have to toss your mask? Hilco Dive Masks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom