Prescription masks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I tried the stick-ons to correct extreme near-sightedness, I dive with contacts but need readers to see close... <12 inches. Lost the stick-ons first dive.

Do you have a link for the Scuba Choice masks? I can't seem to find them

The DGX Ren mask fits me very well, you can order a different prescription for each eye, only $60. The Dive Rite did not fit me and leaked like a sieve, I returned it.

I’ve used the stick on lenses. They did help me to read my gauges but were far from perfect. I now use off the shelf corrective lenses. Mono vision, distance prescription in my right eye, near in my left.

I have been very happy with Sea Vision Prescription masks over the years. They have made custom bifocal lenses for me for their proprietary masks which happens to fit my face, and they can also put lenses into any 2 lens mask. They need your Rx and inter pupillary distance. I ordered a new mask from them this year and their turn around time was just one week.

Contacts can come out if your mask floods and the stick ins float away after a while. I would pony up for a good, custom prescription mask.

I am farsighted and when shopping for a mask the first time found that there are not many on the market that fit my prescription. I stumbled on Deep Blue masks at snorkel-mart.com and I am now on my second mask from them. They are very reasonably priced, the lenses are perfect for my prescription. My photo shows me in my first pair.

i you do go with stick on, i used ultra clear super glue and it works. I was nervous the 1st time and I screwed up and thought i ruined my mask. The dried glue came off with a razor blade, 2nd time, looks good and many dives later, still good.

Back
Top Bottom