Recommend this Op for fantastic diving in Oahu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lamccarthy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm getting ready to go back to Oahu. I travel to Oahu about twice a year to see family in Hawaii. When I do, I always make sure I get in some diving.

Alex is great. He lays it all out for you so that you can be sure that all that he says is true. He's very personable, direct, and has a perfect safety record. I always get to see great stuff because he keeps his dive group very limited...like 3 or 4 maximum, and I get maximum bottom time. One thing I appreciate is, he is not a hand-holder if he recognizes your ability. Also...because of these lovely "overweight baggage" charges, I generally leave most of my equipment at home. All gear is inclusive when I dive with him. No hidden costs. His brassy Brit outlook and accent just adds to the entertainment factor. :D :dork2:

I have dived with several dive operators but think that Alex's Aquatic Adventures is the safest, professional, yet unrestricted diving that I have experienced. The owner is generally my guide and he does a great job taking me places that I would like and finding where all the native creatures hang out. I also appreciate that he keeps his diving groups small and exclusive. There's nothing more annoying than being in a "cattle call". I also appreciate that he has "no surprises" packages where I can get as little or as much gear as I need. (gotta love airline baggage fees...) Most of his deals are competitively priced and contains no hidden costs. Heck, he even takes pictures of your dives. Later you can go on Flickr or on his Facebook and view the pictures. I opted to buy my CD because I wanted the original file sizes. I think there was one package above what I chose that includes EVERYTHING....and I mean EVERYTHING...hot towels, dry towels, lunch, gear, photo CD...and more. If you're into the offbeat quirky humor of the British folk (as I am)...Alex is your guy...(yeah, he's from England)

His site is: www.alexsaquaticadventure.com

Last edited by a moderator:
ok I just cant resist....Im just wondering why the sudden random thread, I mean usually someone asks "hey whats a good dive op to go diving with?" im sorry it just seems so.....um.......well I cant quite find the words, I mean I have nothing against alex (lately :eek:) ) it just seems like it should be in a thread somewhere rather than the start of a thread. though im sure you will have a great time diving with alex, hope to see ya on the boat, but if not enjoy!!!

as for the safety issue, well that can be repeated about most of the dive ops on this Island,you might want to be careful the conversations you start here, they have a way of bringing all manner of things to light.

Last edited:
Well, I tried to add it to another string of diving recommendations out of Oahu, but the string was locked. So... I added it where I thought it would go. I'm getting ready to head out to Hawaii and thought I would give folks a recommendation for a solid dive operator. I'm sure there are some other good operators aside from Alex. I am just speaking from experience. I certainly didn't mean to offend or step on anyones fins... Never thought I would get picked at for saying nice things about a dive operator.

Now that everyone's had their say, can we all just relax and play nice?

Last edited:
Yeah, my apologies Greg. I am new. I thought I was helping but it appears it backfired. I won't be posting again.

Thanks for the heads up Grandizer and Cuttlefish. It also could be a way to help people find safe and recommended dive operators. Oh...and Grandizer...it's called Hanauma Bay.. not Hunama. LOL!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom