Recommend inexpensive post processing software for GP Hero 1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MikeSSS

Registered
Reaction score
I took the GoPro Hero 1 diving for the first time, at Providenciales Island, also took a 1030SW in an Ikelite housing. Videos from the GP are fantastic, they show the diving as I saw it. The GP housing was a new flat face housing.

At home I tried Picasa on the 1030SW stills and it helped a lot. I used it to remove the blue cast and improve the contrast. Downloading Picasa unfortunately put a lot of e-herpes in the computer, I had to do a restore to get rid of the effects of the malware, uninstalling Picasa was not enough. But, I got to see what post processing can do and liked the results.

Now I'm wanting to do post processing on the GP vids, remove the blue cast and improve contrast, maybe adjust sharpness. Please do not recommend $700 software since that isn't going to happen. Software that can do both videos and stills is a plus.

I'm not a photographer and mostly use the GP on RC planes to record the flight and use the vid out with a downlink transmitter to fly the plane through FatShark goggles, seeing through the GoPro on the plane.

The computer has Windows Movie Maker on it and WLMM too.

Thanks

Any of the consumer video editors are less than $100 and should do what you want - and more. They also have free trial versions you can download first. Here's some links:

Video editing software - Pinnacle Studio - The #1 selling digital video editing software
Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 12 Overview
Edit video | Adobe Premiere Elements 11

There's also a Photoshop Elements for around $99 for stills processing or if you like both Adobe products, they bundle both for $149. I think there's some integration between the two products as well - if not do your stills processing in PS then import them into whatever video editor you choose. I do that now with Photoshop and Vegas.

IDK if they still do but Amazon had a good price on Vegas MSP recently - like $59. It may have been version 11.

I use Sony Vegas. It's far easier to learn than Adobe Premiere. I haven't tried Pinnacle though.

There's a bunch of plug-ins available for Vegas also, that help with color manipulation. However, the standard functions also do a lot to improve color balance, channel mixing and sharpening etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom