Recommend Honeymoon Destination - Carribean, Bahamas, Etc?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rutger

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi All,

I owe my wife a killer honeymoon. I had to take off for a work trip 2 days after our wedding last October. So now its time to pay the piper (Don't start... I'll be living with this the rest of my life).

I am looking for a great, adult-only, beach resort that is generally speaking, awesome.

My wife is not a certified diver, but enjoys doing the resort course. This time, if possible, I might get her certified. Although Diving is not the primary activity. REsting on a beach with booze and generally spoiling my woman is the objective.

We have been to Cancun, Cozumel, Mediterranean, Cabo, etc. previously. Generally staying in All-Inclusives or some NCL and Carnival cruises.

It has been suggested we check out Sandals resorts in Jamaica, but there are too many to choose from and I don't know anything about the diving at these areas.

So, if you have $0.02 and want to offer me your advice, it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Take a look at Jade Mountain or Anse Chastanet in St. Lucia. . .

The Best of Belize Hotels & Belize Resorts | Welcome to Hamanasi!

I took my woman there for her 40th birthday a few years ago. We only participated in the diving adventures but they have other activities including Mayan Ruins and other inland adventures. Get one of the Treehouses if they are available. It was an unforgettable trip.

Two on Virgin Gorda that might work:

Caribbean Luxury Resorts, Hotels & Villas | Rosewood Little Dix Bay | British Virgin Islands I've been to, but not stayed at Little Dix. Beautiful, private white sand beach with excellent snorkeling. DiveBVI has(d) a shop there also.

Biras Creek - don't know much about this except all the rooms are suites with 1 bed so it's probably couples only by default.

I think the diving will be better at either Sandals St. Lucia or Sandals Antigua compared to Jamaica.

You might get extra credit for:
Voted "World's Most Romantic Resort" 14 years in a row, Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa

Couples Swept Away in Negril, Jamaica... You can't go wrong. All-inclusive, adults only... Scuba diving is included FREE!! The other half and I went there, it was a great experience... Lots of topside adventures, though we preferred to go diving in the morning, kick back and rest on the beach during the afternoon, then hit the afternoon boat dives... afterwards dine at any of the 5 on resort restaurants... Enjoy some top shelf adult beverages, and enjoy the beautiful clear blue Jamaican waters...

Dive shop was very nice, and helpful as we were brand new divers... All dives are basic level, max depth was 75ft, temp in the mid 80s, little to no current... I know that they offer resort courses, as well as full certification, and specialties too... Best of all the diving is FREE!!!

Only downside to the diving there, its all in the water together, set bottom times, all up as a group... But its more about the honeymoon/reconnect, the diving is just to keep my gills wet... The missus gets a trip to Jamaica every 2 yrs, and every year I get to take dedicated dive trips to various locales that I am interested in...

If its a honeymoon, just keep her happy... then you'll be happy... If you want to ease her into diving, where she'll be treated like a princess (and they tend to wait on you, hand & foot at Couples Swept Away), then give them a long hard look...

.... I owe my wife a killer honeymoon....

Well, at least you won't have Mike Wallace on your tail. :wink:

I'll second Negril, Jamaica. In addition to good resorts, such as Couples, you have access to some wonderful other activities. My wife and I were married in Negril, and for our "reception" we took the resort bus to Rick's for the sunset. On our second trip (five year anniversary), we took a private car to YS Falls. For diving, while the diving at the resort was free, we chose Sundivers on our second trip, due to their more traditional two-tank morning dive, which lets you enjoy the resort for the rest of the day, in lieu of the two separate dives that most resorts do.

Enjoy, and belated congratulations!

Bora Bora with a side trip to Rangiroa

Young Island Resort, St Vincent.

Rum Point in Grand Cayman. Very quiet - nice beach - far FAR away from touristy Seven Mile Beach - which I found to be lacking beach-wise. Very eroded.

Treat her to a nice dinner @ Tukka's, another time at Lighthouse (East end restaurants).

Thrill her with Stingray City.

Get her tipsy @ Calico Jacks.

Do a shore dive from Cracked Conch.

Take nice pics of her with flowers @ the royal garden.

FINALLY !!! Get her diamond earrings in Georgetown. I bought a full carat, quality diamonds, for under 1100 USD. This is a big deal - here in Canada there's a 30% import tarif, plus sales tax. None of that in GC.

To really thrill her, visit a local diamond shop first, get a feel for the prices. I suggest a G/H color and SI (small intrusions) - best looking diamonds for the buck - under 1 carat in size.

Scaring her silly by driving on the other side of the road *priceless*

Back
Top Bottom