Recommend dive shop in NYC for OW

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dogbowl

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Asking for a friend. Anyone can recommend a good dive shop in NYC to get OW referral course? Thanks.

Hey wait! I forgot the name was changed to "Gotham Divers" by the new owner several years ago........ maybe they're still there.

I just called them, and they're still in BIZ. 212-780-0879........great guys to deal with.

Hey wait! I forgot the name was changed to "Gotham Divers" by the new owner several years ago........ maybe they're still there.

I just called them, and they're still in BIZ. 212-780-0879........great guys to deal with.

Looks like they’re still operating. Thanks!

Pan Aqua...been a fixture forever. Great folks too.

@doctormike any recommendation?

The space in the East Village previously operated by Village DIvers has been Gotham Divers for several years, and they are terrific. The shop itself seems a bit "techy", but they are great for OW divers. Call and ask for Tim. Not the kind of place where you would browse for bikinis, but excellent training!

Another shop in town, in case that doesn't work out, would be Pan Aqua, which is on the west side. They are a pretty busy with more retail space, nothing wrong with them. I just haven't used them for a while. Nice folks.

In Northern NJ, I can recommend Blue Water Divers, which is about 15 minutes from the George Washington Bridge.

Also on the upper east side is Adventure Divers. Don't know them as well, but they do have access to a pool across the street.

Back
Top Bottom