Recommend a place on the Kona side for divers to stay?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Which shop is it? "north of the airport"?
Most of the shops are in town and you check in once then meet at the boat daily. at the harbor north of town (but south of the airport) Several of the shops are in an industrial mall a little east of downtown. (Big Island, Kona Diving Co, etc)

Unless you're talking about Waikoloa or Kohala Coast Divers which are like 45mins. drive north of Kona so you'd want to find something up there.

I was going with Big Island and then decided on Kona Diving. Thank you for the advice!

My buddy dove all week with KDC and liked them a lot. If Kerry's husband is on the island, he may be willing to shore dive with you for free. They also do the Manta dive - although so does everyone else.

Thanks to all for the Kona advice! Had a great week of diving with Kona Diving. I'd planned to do some shore diving but ended up doing boat dives with them all week. I think I had 5 or 6 different dive masters throughout the week and I liked them all! Best sightings were a Monk seal, mantas, mating octopus and a few reef sharks. I hope to go again early next year.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom