Recession on the diving market?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't know where you fish/dive, but here in SW La. I use an average of 125+ gallons of fuel per trip offshore....try more than 10 bucks extra......

Jupiter Dive Center was charging $50 for a dive trip on one of their boats. It recently went up to $60. There could be 16 divers on a trip.

You know, I wonder if an economic slowdown will sort of perversely favor the shops that cater to tech divers . . . Even in economic hard times, the people with high disposable income rarely get badly hurt, and those are the people who are buying multiple sets of doubles, high end scooters, helium fills, and tech diving trips. It's the entry-level "I want to go to Hawaii" OW diver who might decide to put things off for a year or two, until times improve.

We had a real good store called Florida Technical Scuba, close to my house. They offered all of the heavy-duty equipment. Sorry to say they closed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom