Recent water temps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DStack

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
A week from now, we'll be in Cozumel. Last year we traveled with our full 3mm wetsuits. I did one dive with it and was to hot. Dove the rest of the trip in a bathing suit and rash guard. What have been the temps recently? If I don't have to travel with my wet suit, I won't bother bringing it. Anything from the lucky few that have been able to dive Coz recently would be great.

84-86 degrees. Most dives were registering 86 degrees on my computer last week even at 80ft.

I got 83 to 88 F last week. We had one slender bikini diver Wednesday and she wasn't cold at all. Hope she didn't get any stings. I have a few little ones on my hands from those pesky hydroids. Anyway, I wore my 1 mil long jumpsuit altho a skin would probably be enough for most - even tho tolerances vary. I used to know a woman who had to wear a dry suit there in Aug.

86 almost every dive a couple of weeks ago. My wife and were very comfortable in our 1/2 mil suits. We did 4 dives a day most of the week.

Great! I'll be down there next week - When do you go back, Macado?

Sadly I am home. Planning my next Cozumel trip soon!

But yeah, water is great this time of year. I'd say rash guard/skin is more than sufficient. Water is very comfortable unless you're doing 4 dives a day you probably won't get cold.

Hi Dstack!

I just got back from a cruise on Saturday. Water temp in Cozumel was 86 degree on august 26. Viz was >80 feet. One of the best diving anywhere. Have fun!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom