Recent Lake Pleasant conditions/reports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anybody been to LP lately? What are the water temp and visibility like? Please let me know.

Adam

I was thinking about this as well. Somewhere I once found an average temp graph of the lake over a year. I can't find that now. When it gets back up to about 60 I will be interested in heading out again.

I was up diving the lake this past weekend, 25'+ visibility with 60 degrees on the surface. Nice diving after suffering through last fall's conditions!

Dove Biesmeyer Point with Steve on Saturday morning. Had to tip-toe around the boaters, jet skiers, shore fishermen, campers, bathers and non-divers to get into the water.

Water level was surprising high for this time of year. Water temperature in somewhere in the high 70's. Visibility above the thermocline (approximately 24') is maybe 10' to 15'. Visibility below the thermocline is at best a foot.

Always a pleasure diving with Steve.

Dove Biesmeyer Point and Desert Tortoise Road this weekend. Dove to about 40 feet.

Above 25 feet: About 10 feet visibility, 83 degrees
25-40 feet: About 2 feet visibility, 77 degrees.

Was out at Tec Island a few times last weekend and found conditions to be excellent! The Island is currently 15' below the surface with 82 degrees on the surface and 59 @ 105'. The first thermocline is at 32' with a slight temp drop and an estimated 30' of visibility from the surface to 105'. Lots of fish out and about. Great weekend of diving. Right now Tec is about as good as it gets, get out and enjoy it!

Dove Vista Point with Steve and Beth this morning. Water level was significantly down from last time we were out there.

Surface water temp. was somewhere in the mid 80's however, there's an abrupt thermocline at 40'. Visibility in some spots is at best 15' to 20' however, very cloudy.

Nice morning. A lot more divers that I anticipated.

Spent the last two weekends diving the islands/reefs offshore and found them to still be delivering good visibility with 84 degree surface temps. Tec is now about 2' out of the water where last week it was still about 2' underwater, visibility was worse shallow there this weekend compared to last weekend. The east wall was a pretty enjoyable dive, 130' with good vis & about 58 degrees. This weekend was spent shallow and we did complete a few dives on a reef to the north of Tec where a few in our group found a sunken sailboat that some other divers have been talking about. Above 35' it is sure is fun diving in a rash guard & shorts! Dust off that gear and get in the water.

Well, before this thread goes into Hibernation, let's remind that there's is the Hard-Core left behind... :D.

So I dove the weekend of Oct31 1 late afternoon dive and Nov1 2 dives.

I was amazed that there was no thermocline whatsoever (even @ 100', like temp still reminded the same).
Obviously, it's going to be changed soon...

Vis mostly poor, especially deeper than 80'.

So, I saw the bike...
By the last Sunday 31.10.15-1.jpg31.10.15-2.jpgshallow dive, I found a bran new fishing rod, maybe a sign telling me to change hobby (Quit Grandpa, Quit :dork2:).

Back
Top Bottom