Recent Lake Pleasant conditions/reports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spent the weekend diving Tec and found conditions to be pretty good although the water has a bit of a green hue to it. Solid 30'+ of visibility all the way to 150' with 60 degrees on the surface, 51 @ 130 & 50 @ 150. Seems as though there is a lot of algae growing none of it seems to be floating yet to hamper visibility. The weather is perfect, great time to be out enjoying the lake!

Just completed four days of training at the lake, conditions seem to be about the same. Surface temp is up to 62 and visibility still in the 30' range, nice to be able to drop gear without fear of loosing it. We completed dives at the Christmas Tree reef (not as much trash as past clean-ups :)), Buzzard Island, Tec Island and the Spillway. Looking forward to some more diving at the end of the month!

Another great weekend to spend at the lake. Several of us camped out Friday to Sunday for a several different training courses (NAUI Scuba Diver, Advance Diver, Extrenal Wreck & Master Diver), glad the weather forecast was so far off! Completed dives on the spillway and at Buzzard Point/Island, 64-65 degrees on the surface with about 57 degrees @ 130'. Visibility seems to be holding in the 25' range. Other than some wind on Saturday to deal with, the spillway seemed to be the calmest, and a few sprinkles of rain everyone seemed to have a great time diving!

I was wondering how the weekend went. The forecast at the end of the week was not looking good, and I know that lake doesn't take much wind to make it rough. That's why I didn't even both packing. Come Saturday morning, things were great. At least until about 9AM. Then it blew, dust, limited visibility, generally all the nastiness of an Arizona storm. Kept waiting for rain, and waiting and waiting. Down south of Phoenix it never came. All we got was cold strong winds and half the farmers field blown into my yard. Dust drifts don't melt like snow drifts. So much for the thunderstorms. They would have been nice to cut down on the dust. Will find another time to get up there.

Great way to spend the first 100 degree day in Phoenix, diving off of the spillway @ Pleasant! Water temp is up a bit to about 65 on the surface with the visibility around 20'. Could watch the fish all day, very amusing. Great day of training completed, back to the pool next week to prep more new divers!

Lake Pleasant Was Very Pleasant Today! Spent the morning diving with Carl, Dan and Craig the representative from SEAC @ Tec Island and a place I call 2 Anchors(found 2 anchors there on one dive once, it's just N/W of Tec). What a great day of diving, flat water and 30'+ of visibility all the way to 100'. Saw the biggest catfish, I swear I thought it was a nurse shark when I first saw it! Thanks for 2 great dives! BTW tried out the SEAC Nick BCD & the MX100 regulator, very impressed!
(5 photos)

Dove Vista Point with Steve this morning. The place was absolutely packed. I've never seen so many divers out there. Parking was at a premium.

Beautiful morning. Wind was dead calm on the surface. Thermocline is at approximately 35". Surface water is comfortable however, below the that, you'll need at least a 7mm with a hood. Visibility was spotty at maybe 20' to 30'.

Always a pleasure diving with Steve.

Spent the weekend diving the spillway and found conditions to be still pretty good. A solid 20' of visibility and 78 degrees down to 35'. Found 68 degrees deeper than 35', a bit chilly for a shorty.

How things looking at the lake? Is it worth the drive to dive it? And where have people been diving lately?

thanks,

Craig

I was at Vista Point last weekend (August 30th). The vis was VERY poor. The recent storms washed a bunch of silt into the lake, and clouded it up pretty bad. Hopefully, it will start to clear.

Adam

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom