Recent Lake Pleasant conditions/reports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the update. I was thinking of heading up next weekend but I will push that back at least a week further now. 13th maybe?

Yes thanks for the update. I'll pass too on this coming weekend.

cb

Well after this morning's rain, I'm not even thinking of this weekend. Give it a few more weeks and let me know when it starts clearing up.

Was out diving at Tec Island before Sunday night's rain, not sure how much the lake actually received. Found water temp to be about 82 and visibility to be about 10' to 15' down to 45' of depth. Not great conditions but sure beats what conditions the shore is offering right now.

Was just at Vista Point and vis is about 5' at 40 feet. The Lake is also at 59% water level, so it's a long walk to the water from your car but the water temp is in the high 80's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was diving Tec Island most of the weekend, lucky we didn't see much wind or rain at the lake. Above the thermocline (40') we had about 10' of visibility but below 40' we had over 20' of visibility, although it was a bit dark. Still had 81 degrees above the thermocline. Interesting to me was that it appeared as though the lake level rose about 1' from Friday to Sunday, based on how much of the island was exposed. Based on the last three weeks of diving at Tec, it will soon become Tec Reef not Tec Island. Hope the higher water levels bring better visibility for the clean up we have planned on October 18th.

Well wishing for better visibility didn't work out so well. Completed dives Friday night and Saturday on the spillway, Christmas Tree reef and Tec Island. Found the water temp to be 73 degrees at all of the sites and didn't notice a thermocline even with dives made to 70' @ Tec. Friday's night dive was very dark with less then 10' of visibility with about the same at Christmas Tree reef as long as I was above 40', past 40' visibility was less than 5' and didn't seem to get any better @ 55'. Tec again had the best visibility with over 10'. Lake elevation seemed to be that same as it was three weeks ago. Will update after this weekend's certification dives but I am afraid that we are going to be waiting a while for better visibility.

Was back out at Tec Island this weekend, lake appears to be on the rise with about 10' to 15' of visibility and 71 degrees of water temp. Felt a slight thermocline at about 60' with a slight improvement of visibility. Will be back out there in two weeks, hopefully with better visibility to report. Other than the low visibility, what a beautiful weekend to be at the lake!

Conditions are improving! Spent Saturday diving at Tec Island, now a reef 6' under the surface, with 64 degree water temp at the surface losing only 1 degree @ 40'. We had 15' to 20' of visibility Saturday. We woke to some pretty heavy wind at 5 am Sunday so diving was limited to Christmas Tree Reef. There we found 61 degree water temp and about 10' of visibility. Overall the water level at the lake seems to be on the rise and the visibility has increased greatly over the last three weeks.

PS... Lavacore was a welcome addition to my wetsuit, well worth the investment.

Back
Top Bottom