Recent Lake Pleasant conditions/reports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dove Spring Canyon Landing last Saturday morning with Steve. Water temp was 52 degrees. Visibility at depth (60') was maybe 20' to 25'. Even in a dry suit, your hands and feet get numb.

The water level is still rising. Looking forward to a good spring of diving.

Bill

My friends have been there the past week. Water temps around the Desert Tortoise area is 53-54 degrees.

Scuter

Last edited by a moderator:
Did a few dives last Saturday March 16th at Desert Tortoise. Had 55-56 DiveRite water temps and 30+ visibility. Overall a great weekend to be out at the lake.

429667_10151431670628999_1091807670_n.jpg

Did a few dives last Saturday March 16th at Desert Tortoise. Had 55-56 DiveRite water temps and 30+ visibility. Overall a great weekend to be out at the lake.

429667_10151431670628999_1091807670_n.jpg

I was there on March 17th 2013. My dive computer registered 55 degrees at 20 ft. Vizibility was about 30-40 ft everywhere except where we mucked up the bottom going thru our skills.

Completed dives at both the Spillway and Tec Island March 23rd & 24th. Both locations had 60 for a surface temp and Tec showed 54 @ 100'. Visibility was about 30' near shore and at least 40' at Tec. Great time to be diving Lake Pleasant!

Side note this is the second time diving the new Oceanic Pioneer wetsuits, 3/2 in Hawaii & 5/4 in the lake, and I have to say that I am impressed with their comfort and warmth.

Was checking out my new dry suit. Went over to the rail and down to 110'. As high as 64 degrees at surface and down to 53 degrees at 110'.
Lots of fish coming over within 2'-3' to see what was going on. Stuck my hand out to each of them and they would just sit there looking at me. I could have just grabbed one. Met a spear fisher as we were leaving and let him know he was going to have an easy time of it.
Viz at 110' was same as 20', AWESOME. I could only tell I was that deep because of the color loss.
May try to go again tomorrow. Maybe from Sunset Rd.
Enjoy it while it lasts

3/29 at Christmas Tree Reef - conditions still awesome! Temps read 60* down to the 40 foot thermocline and 54* at the bottom. Still ~30ft viz, but starting to drop a bit so you'd better get your kicks in while you can!

Personally, I could use a little warmer lake water - my dry suit started to become a semi-dry after 3 hours in the water :ermm:

If you have been waiting for conditions to improve at the lake your time is here! Water level is up and so is the visibility along with water temp. Conducting a Rescue class this weekend on the spillway I had 30'+ of visibilty with water temps in the upper 50's. Although not tropical water temps, I sure enjoy the visibility.

Great weekend of sidemount training, prepping for this year's Oriskany trip. Top off was a couple of dives @ Tec Island, great vis even at 130'! Thanks to Dan, Dave, John & Roy for being such good dive partners. PS.... tried the new Seac Master Dry wetsuit, wamest I have ever been in a wetsuit @ 50 degrees of water temp with the least amount of water intrusion. Surface water temp was about 55 with 30'+ visibility all the way to 130'. Absolutely worth the money!

Great weekend to be out diving @ Lake Pleasant. Completed some certification dives at the Christmas Tree reef this weekend and found 30'+ of visibility with 55 degrees of water temp all the way to 55' with warm sunny skies. Tons of fish on the reef, great place to practice your underwater photo skills!

Back
Top Bottom