Recent Lake Pleasant conditions/reports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Was out at Desert Tortoise on Sunday. Vis was pretty good, 10-15'. Thermocline was around 35' where it dropped to 64 degrees. Didn't see much of anything under water except for a small dead minnow. :shocked2:
We saw a few other groups out there as well doing some training.

It was a really beautiful day of unusually mild June temps outside.

Attachments

• desert tortoise.jpg
    desert tortoise.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 56
Hey Im going out to dive Desert Tortise Thursday with a couple dive buddies. What depth does it get to in the cove? I hear its a good area for a first dive at lake pleasant.

We are newbies as well and only went down as far as 45'. It's nice though, and since you are going during the week, it will be even less crowded.

Have fun!

did you reach the bottom at 45 or did it get a lot deeper? Also hows the navigation around there? I see there are a few islands in that area.

Hey Im going out to dive Desert Tortise Thursday with a couple dive buddies. What depth does it get to in the cove? I hear its a good area for a first dive at lake pleasant.

It does not get get too deep around Desert Tortoise, I never got more than 50ft which makes for an easy dive, if you want to get more depth, Vista Point is a much better spot, I may be up for some diving on Thursday, let me know if you want to try Vista Point.
Andres

We were at the bottom at 45' and since we didn't venture too far in either direction, I am not sure how much deeper it got.

Dove Desert Tortoise today!! Fun dive but poor visibility in a few sections. We dove down to 50 ft and saw a few small bass. We were quite surprised when we surfaced to find a large group of people had arrived and taken over the shores. One other dive group was in the cove as well but we never ran into them. Water temp was 75 at the surface and 61 below the thermocline which was at about 30 ft or so.

Dove Vista Point today. The water level is down. But we had an awesome day. There was very little wind and only a few boats. Vis in the shallows was around 15. Between 20-42, vis drops to nil at best. Under the T-cline the vis opens again but it is dark. Much like hiking near dusk on a winter day. Bring a light. Temps were 73 in the shallows and 57 at 115 feet. In the shallows I dove my 7 mm without a hood and was very comfortable. In the deeps I used my 7mm with a hooded vest.

My daughter actually made friends with a stripped bass. She managed to pet the thing several times and it followed us around in the rocks for nearly 45 minutes.

PD:D

First Dive was the wall chilly in 3mm. Was a pretty standard wall dive over there.Second was between 25 - 30 ft. viz was 12 15 ft temp 75 and saw tons of fish - half dozen carp one very big one, 2 types of bass, a red ear sunfish and multpile schools of baby bass and a back board from a basketball hoop. all in all though a very good dive!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom