Recent Lake Pleasant conditions/reports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jpassov, where were you when you took these photos? Do you have any more? These look incredibly clear!
Thanks!
MacGyverGTP

MacGyver,
Sorry, I just saw your comment. I didn't notice it earlier.
These were the clearest ones of all the ones I took that day. The crayfish was taken while following the road at Desert Tortoise, and the other two were in the cove area.
It really was an unusually clear day.
We will see how it looks this weekend.

Anyone been to the lake in the last week or so? What are the conditions, water temp, etc.? I plan to dive Vista Point on Sunday.

PD

Anyone been to the lake in the last week or so? What are the conditions, water temp, etc.? I plan to dive Vista Point on Sunday.

PD

I was up at Desert Tortoise Road the other day. Water Temp is in low 80s. Bathing suit to the thermocline is fine. Thermocline is at 42 feet. Water temp drops easily 10 degrees. Didn't stick around long enough to get a reading.

Visibility down to the thermocline is about 6 to 12 feet. Really not bad for this time of year. I drove over to Vista Point on Sunday (wasn't diving). The water level is down considerably. The hike down the hill is .... rigorous. Water level is down at least 60 feet. Visibility looked a little better from what I could see.

I am trying to get out to ArizonaScuba.com's Thursday night dive tonight.

DiveSafe

jcf

Yes its legal to take crawfish, and if you go up to some of the northern az lakes, it is strongly encouraged.

Is it legal to take crayfish?

When I said the crayfish was "taken", I was referring to the photo of the crayfish that I took. I did not actually "take" the crayfish!! :rofl3:

I called Game and Fish, they said you must have a fishing license for anyone over 14 to fish and that include Crayfish I explained that I was not "fishing" but relocating them underwater by hand.... He said I still needed a fishing license but that you could keep all you caught.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom