Recent Lake Pleasant conditions/reports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dyvfiend. Great diving with you -- as usual

Always a pleasure as well. It was 72 degrees according to suunto as well.

I also dove the end of Desert Tortoise road with ScubaSteve and RAWalker, and Mike last Saturday. I was really glad to meet you all and loved the dives.

I will agree with the above comment that north of the DT road it was pretty silty on the bottom but it was also like that on the south of DT road too. We dove 2nd dive south of the road looking straight out across towards the 10 lane boat ramp. I had a 3mm suit but with a hood and I was perfectly comfortable even when we got down to 63' on the 2nd dive.

If anyone has the ability to do a dive this Thursday during the morning or day, I am available. Just let me know. If not then I am taking my boat to run the engine to Canyon Lake and I will report any conditions that I can from the surface, about what's happening there. ie temp, and a best guess on vis at the surface. Just so the east side guys might be interested in diving there if it gets any better.

I also dove the end of Desert Tortoise road with ScubaSteve and RAWalker, and Mike last Saturday. I was really glad to meet you all and loved the dives.

I will agree with the above comment that north of the DT road it was pretty silty on the bottom but it was also like that on the south of DT road too. We dove 2nd dive south of the road looking straight out across towards the 10 lane boat ramp. I had a 3mm suit but with a hood and I was perfectly comfortable even when we got down to 63' on the 2nd dive.

If anyone has the ability to do a dive this Thursday during the morning or day, I am available. Just let me know. If not then I am taking my boat to run the engine to Canyon Lake and I will report any conditions that I can from the surface, about what's happening there. ie temp, and a best guess on vis at the surface. Just so the east side guys might be interested in diving there if it gets any better.

Josh,

I enjoyed diving with you, Mike and Rob. Don't forget JD and Craig. We didn't actually dive with them but they were right there. We all had a good time. Anytime you want to dive at the lake, let me know or post something here.

Hey Josh,

Take mask fins & snorkle, and dive in.
That will give you vis ext to report.:D

Don't worry Ed, I am already thinking about that and will probably do that if it looks like it is starting to get a little better at Canyon Lake. At least at the surface if it looks like the vis is starting to clear up then I'll take the mask and fins and check for myself what it is really like and report what I see. (Or don't see :wink: )

Steve,

The way the vis was we might have been diving together.

It was nice to meet eveyone and put a face to names.

Let's meet up again when the water cools down and the vis comes up.

Craig

Josh,

I enjoyed diving with you, Mike and Rob. Don't forget JD and Craig. We didn't actually dive with them but they were right there. We all had a good time. Anytime you want to dive at the lake, let me know or post something here.

I'm heading to the lake this Saturday. Most likely the same place as last Saturday, at the very end of DT road. I think somebody called it Burr Island(?). Anybody who wants to can join us. BTW, I'm at 96 dives and counting. :wink:

Steve.

I would love to go Steve, but have to work. (I'd rather be diving than working though. In fact I think I saw a bumper sticker that said that or at least one should say that)

I can dive next Saturday 11/01 though if anyone else can make it.

Burro Island... and watch out for the burros! We'll be at DEMA, hopefully with some good stories to share when we get back, enjoy the dives and we'll see you at the lake the 1st.

Burro Island... and watch out for the burros! We'll be at DEMA, hopefully with some good stories to share when we get back, enjoy the dives and we'll see you at the lake the 1st.

Ok, I have to ask. I've seen that before but I never asked what it meant. What is DEMA?

Back
Top Bottom