Recent Lake Pleasant conditions/reports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Saturday, 1/21 - Went out to the Christmas Tree Reef in the morning. Cold, overcast, and windy day. Still had 20ft visibility (was better the week before). Water temp at depth was a consistent 50 degrees from 15ft to 79ft. Interesting how much a few degrees can make a difference. Last week it was 54 degrees, sunny day, and I was very comfortable - today 50 degrees and I felt the chill.

Lee

Ack!!!

Does anyone have any better temps to report? I'm thinking of coming out for Sunday. :cold:

Sure! H2o temp 80 degrees,thermocline is at 85 feet and it is 75 degrees below that. Visibility isnt great. but the vis is still improving. Range of vis yesterday, 20-60 feet.

You're welcome

Jeff

Sure! H2o temp 80 degrees,thermocline is at 85 feet and it is 75 degrees below that. Visibility isnt great. but the vis is still improving. Range of vis yesterday, 20-60 feet.

You're welcome

Jeff

LOL. :p

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

You're welcome

Jeff

:spit:

:chairfight:

Okay, I deserved that! Does anyone have any more recent Lake Pleasant temps?

I'm trying to decide if I can handle diving this Sunday.

:bump:

:depressed:

Dove the Lake today, Vista Point. Vis was really, really good at about a stong 20ft. We did an 85 minute dive which says a lot for the vis and not getting bored with the "brown". Temp was 53 degrees most of the dive. Underwater trees were cool and so were the carp that were feeding and didn't swim off when we came near. Really nice day at the lake.

Dove Lake Pleasant @ Beismeyer Point (Christmast Trees). Visibility was easily 40' plus. Water temp was 55 degrees. Lots of fish.

Dove Two Cow and Castle twice last month. 5 hours total in the water. Deepest dive was 55', temps at 50f and vis ran from 15'-45'. We were spearfishing for Stripers but never saw any. All freediving. I rarely tank dive but I thought I would post a report as this is the best forum on the net for conditions at Plez.
If you're a fisherman, the bass are in the shallows hanging on structure.

4/05/2011
[h=6]Vista point was nice this am, 56-58 degrees to about 50-70 ft or so with great visibility except around 40-50 feet where it dropped to just good. Lots of bass from about 15-20 feet and carp around 35-40.[/h]
Jeff

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom