Recent Lake Pleasant conditions/reports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Was teaching Nitrox & Rescue east of the 10 lane ramp over the weekend and found conditions to be improving greatly! Found 6 to 8 feet of visibility with 67 degrees down to 40'. Sounds like it is time to head back to the lake with the water rising, conditions should continue to improve. Hopefully the weather will not be too nasty this weekend.

Reactions: Jax
Saturday, 11/5 - Lake Pleasant water levels are definitey rising. I was out by Vista Pt this morning and the water is up 6ft-8ft from where it was last weekend. The dirt road from Spring Canyon (N. Boat ramp) out to the peninsula is now partially under water. Water temp was 63 degrees which was warmer than the air temp of 50 degrees. I was very comfortable in my 7mm. Visibility was not as good due to the rain last night and winds.

Thanks for the update. Waiting for the epic 60' December viz.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Was out to Vista Point on Saturday the 12th of November. Water level is on the rise surface was very calm 64* degrees a good time for the the Drysuit if you have one. I had my Bullet on with MK2 undergarments and was quite toasty. The water is cooling down, Visibility was 6-8 ft down to about 30ft and about 5ft at around 60ft. The top of the wall was right at 57ft and you still had plenty of ambient light and 62* degrees past 60ft mark consider it a night dive and the vis was a bit patchy and dark. My dive buddy and I saw another couple of small groups out enjoying the day along with a few fisherman but other then that it was reasonably quiet out at the lake.

Was back up at the lake Sunday conducting some training for Open Water, Nitrox and Advance divers. Found conditions to be pretty good with surface water temp of 64 and 62 down at 95'. Unless the carp had the bottom stirred up we had a solid 15' of visibility down to 95' after that point visibility seemed to drop off dramatically. Except for the wind the diving was pretty good for this time of the year at Lake Pleasant, I have seen far worse. Hopefully conditions hold or improve since I have several more training days on the calendar before the end of the year!

Saturday, 12/10/11 – Vista Pt. - Awesome diving. The viz is definitely coming back. I could see my float anchor from the surface at 20 ft and the viz was easily 20+ ft at depth. Went out to the rail at a 330 heading and hit the top of the wall at 40 ft. Continued on 330 heading out to the rail and were just a few feet off from the cache box at 60ft. We followed the rail, North, back up to the boulders, saw some large fish, and then back to VP. The water temp was between 57-59 degrees and I was warm in my 7mm. It was a beautiful day. When we hit our surface interval the sun was up and kept us comfortable. On our second dive, we went back out to the boulders and then took a N. heading and found the line out to the boat wreck in Spring Canyon. We followed it out to the sunken boat, and had to repair the line in one spot and then headed back to VP – this is a long dive at an avg 50 ft depth.

Did a dive at Vista Point this morning to check out my new Bare SB System drysuit. Air temp was a chilly 45* and the water surface temp was 57*. Viz is really improving, I had 25-30ft through most of the dive which was down the north wall to the rail and about 100 yards or so west of the geocache box and back. Temps at 90ft were 52* and I had ambient light throughout the entire dive, never needed to turn on either of my dive lights.

Overall, a very good dive but I kept it short to 30 minutes. New Bare SB drysuit is an amazing suit stayed warm and dry throughout the entire dive. The suit has amazing flexibility for a trilam. Wil be heading back out Monday to give it another run in doubles for some longer range diving.

Was up diving the Christmas Tree Reef over the last two days providing training for some divers from the Wildlife Aquarium and found conditions to be pretty darn good. Visibility was easily over 20' with the water temps a solid 54 degrees down to 40'. Helped that it was a sunny mid-70s couple of days.

If you received a scuba gift for Christmas conditions are pretty good to head up to the lake to give it a try!

Back
Top Bottom