Recent Lake Pleasant conditions/reports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did 2 Training Dives @ Desert Tortoise Road on Tuesday 11/24
Depth - 45 Feet (dive 1) - 43 Feet (Dive 2)
Visibility - 10-20 feet
Water Temps - 63 Suunto Degrees
Air Temp - 70s and breezy

Lake was fairly calm despite a consistent breeze. Workers were moving buoys into shallower waters. Lake is definitely rising again. I would say up a couple feet from a week prior. Green Algae is still very predominant in shallow areas. Didn't see too much fish life. 1 medium size bass. Lake temp is down at least 1 degree since last week.

///

I went out Friday on the Scubateers for a two tank dive at Tec Island. The wind was up so the water was pretty choppy and that affected the vis. I'd say the average vis was 10' maybe a bit more until you went below 65-70'. At 104' it was a daytime night dive. I didn't see a thermal with my computer showing 60 degrees at all depths. Like John said the lake is rising fast so it won't be too much longer before Tec Island is once again a tec dive.

What kind of drysuit did you get?

I got a Diving Concepts Pinnacle 200 off eBay. The seller included the undergarment but didn't mention it in the listing. I also picked up a 200mg DUI undergarment. Looking forward to trying it at the lake.

Cool day of diving at Vista Point today. Partly overcast with 59 degree air temperatures. The water level is coming up. My low water cairn is in 45 feet of water and you hit the wall about 40-50 feet above this point in 35 feet having followed a 330 degree bearing off the entry point. The trees at the entry are completely covered. Water temps were 57 F and vis was 20-30 feet. I followed the wall past the gap swimming ten feet above the wall down to 114 feet. On my second dive I took a square with the second leg being the wall to 108 feet and then turned south and then east back to shore. Vis was better in the flats away from the wall.

There might have been 10 boats the whole afternoon and no other divers.

Though cool, it was an awesome day.

PD

By the way, if anyone lost a cell phone I turned it in to the office.

you guys diving with dry suits or is 7mm good enough right now? Thinking of going out for a tank this Friday.

Mike

Personally if I have to wear more than a 3mm I'm in my drysuit. A lot of people dive in 7mm. It all really depends on how cold you feel.

I usually dive with 7mm wet suit, full hood and 5mm gloves from October to May or June. The trick is staying warm during the surface interval. A boat coat and sweatshirt you can wear over your wetsuit between dives is a must. It helps if the wind isn't blowing to bad. And you can always sit in the car with the heater on.

Got back from diving Lake Pleasant this weekend. Dove with Scubateers. Got down to 110 feet at the old dam and the temp at depth was 49 degrees. Got down to 85 feet at tec island and saw 55 degrees. I was wearing a 7mm with 3mm gloves and beanie hood. Was not cold in the water but the surface interval was rough. It was overcast and pretty cold all day on saturday. I think that the high was 57 degrees that day. Visibility did not get over 10-12 feet.

I'm diving a dry suit. If not the dry suit, then 7mm with a vest and hood, 5mm gloves. Bring warm clothes for the surface interval and food and water.

PD

Anybody going diving this Saturday??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom