Recent Hood Canal Reports?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you learn to dive in the cold water....you can dive anywhere in the world with ease. So it really makes sense to learn here and do some dives here before heading out elsewhere - you'll be well trained!

- Janna

Don't discount our cold water diving! Although you will almost certainly do your dives in a wetsuit, it shouldn't be too bad in June. But even if you get cold, you should realize that wetsuits aren't the best exposure protection for our waters. It is VERY possible to be warm and comfortable for a 45 minute dive here, in a dry suit with the right undergarments (when you get out to 70+ minutes, it's a little harder). And although Hood Canal shore diving is not the most breathtaking diving the Sound has to offer, you'll get a glimpse of what's here. It's well worth exploring some of the more colorful and diverse sites, before you relinquish cold water diving to the "been there, done that" file!

Welcome to Puget Sound diving, nwmouse! I also took my Open Water in Hood Canal. That was 6 years ago. Since then, the wife and I have been to various tropical location several times. In between those trips, we continue to dive often in both Hood Canal and Puget Sound. As TSandM says, with the right equipment, they are as enjoyable as diving tropical. At least to us!! Keep posting, let us know how it goes!

Back
Top Bottom