Reccomended Gear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kamedes,

Take a look at these pics at the bottom of the page. They show a basic DIR open/warm water gear configuration that you can work towards which can grow and change with you as you advance. It's not "perty", not full of gizmos, and not expensive, but is recommended by the top cave/tech divers in the world and is growing immensly in popularity among basic open water divers.

Mike

http://www.wkpp.org/equip_moreimages_3.htm

I guess the most obvious difference between a wet suit and a dry suit is that the wet suit, you get wet and the dry suit, you stay dry(hopefully).. Both use different methods in keeping you warm.. A dry suit will keep you warmer but cost alot more and requires special training to use..

Mike,

hmm - I have spent a little time researching the H and Y valve issue that I didn't agree with you on, and I have to say that I'm beginning to turn around and agree with you that it seems to be a very good idea -
I'm sorry I jumped a little too hard on that one.

Terkel

Back
Top Bottom