Recap diving Aquarena today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubashawn123

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
It was so nice. Water temp 72 max depth 25 feet AVG 9 ft, and the sun was out all day long. The coolest thing I saw Science Diving today was a hord of Garr (fish). I counted 14 of them underwater, the springs are bubbling immensely. It was a good day to dive.

Thanks K-valve, and Zinc for a great day of diving the springs in Central Texas. Zinc sorry about the thief that took off with your upper garmet hooded wet suit. I hope we catch the culprit.

It was also a real joy to run into some swampers from the North. Thanks for deciding to go to the River Pub after diving it was a blast to meet Terri and Donald. Two great Texas Swampers in San Marcos today. :dork2:

May everyone have as good a weekend diving out there around this Great State of TEXAS.

Till next dive,

Shawn O'Shea

K-valve in Auqarena Spring diving......you sure......:11:!

K-valve in Auqarena Spring diving......you sure......:11:!

It was either that or work on remodeling the kitchen...it was a toss up, but Aquarena won out in the end!! :rofl3:

It was either that or work on remodeling the kitchen...it was a toss up, but Aquarena won out in the end!! :rofl3:

And you want to get Trimix certed!! :D

The coolest thing I saw Science Diving today was a hord of Garr (fish). I counted 14 of them underwater, the springs are bubbling immensely. It was a good day to dive.

That is very cool, seen plenty of singles but never a school. Are we still using the training area for changing or have they finished the remodeling at the Landing?

BTW, look under the BIG boulder on the west side of Catfish Hotel, if you are lucky, fresh water prawn hang out there.

It was also a real joy to run into some swampers from the North. Thanks for deciding to go to the River Pub after diving it was a blast to meet Terri and Donald. Two great Texas Swampers in San Marcos today. :dork2:

So you met Foo and FooMan. Always a treat :D

That is very cool, seen plenty of singles but never a school. Are we still using the training area for changing or have they finished the remodeling at the Landing?

BTW, look under the BIG boulder on the west side of Catfish Hotel, if you are lucky, fresh water prawn hang out there.

The Landing is pretty well functional. You drive up to the picnic table area and offload your gear in less than 15 foot walk, they have locker rooms to change in, guys and girls, and then really WARM :coffee: showers when you get out. This is on the other side away from the training area. Then you have access to the lake from the picnic area. Works out well, especially those WARM showers and easy access restrooms.

I did not see the prawn yesterday.

Have a great weekend.

Shawn

So you met Foo and FooMan. Always a treat :D

Yeah...Foo even called up Foo2 so we could talk to her too. They're a fun group! :D

And you want to get Trimix certed!! :D

Well, I have to admit I really didn't work that hard. Just swam around, breathed through the straw from the Coke I had earlier at the cafe, and explored.

Too bad Frank wasn't there with his new spear gun. I saw plenty of big bass, but one that was HUGE! Biggest I've seen...either in the water or hangin' on someone's wall.

I'll be back out at Travis today. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom