Recall of Mares HP hoses?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ste64

Registered
Reaction score
Sunday morning, just before a dive, I noticed an air loss from my HP hose (I own an MR22/Abyss octopus).
A local dealer told me some Mares hoses (mine, has a green o-ring) are affected by a manufacturing error, so it would be possible to obtain a free replacement one from the reseller.

Any comment?
Thanks!

ste64

I am not aware of any recall on hoses. Where are you located? Which dealer told you this? Please PM me.

Thanks,

Phil

ste64:
Sunday morning, just before a dive, I noticed an air loss from my HP hose (I own an MR22/Abyss octopus).

Just as a note, you mention a leak in your HP hose. What was the HP hose connected to? Was it Mares product or other? When you purchase an Abyss regulator you get a LP hose with it, same as octo.

Zak OHara:
Just as a note, you mention a leak in your HP hose. What was the HP hose connected to? Was it Mares product or other? When you purchase an Abyss regulator you get a LP hose with it, same as octo.

Hi Zak,
the hose was connected to the MR22 1st stage and Mission 1 compact gauge.
I purchased the whole octopus (all Mares branded) from the same dealer, a few months ago.

You should take your regulator back to an authorized Mares dealer and allow them to ascertain the problem. If the HP hose has a leak and the product is still within the time of warranty coverage, the hose should be replaced n/c. That is assuming you didn't cut it with a knife, or drag it behind your car on the way to the beach.:wink:

FYI, There is no recall on HP hoses.

Best,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom